cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Fraud

Catanddog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Someone has used my email address to create an account on Public Mobile. I need to speak to someone to have my email removed. This system is horrible for customer service.

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Catanddog wrote:

Someone has used my email address to create an account on Public Mobile. I need to speak to someone to have my email removed. This system is horrible for customer service.

@Catanddog sooner rather than later may be better to this this dealt with.

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

@Catanddog wrote:

I see this is going nowhere. How do I delete this community account?

@Catanddog ,

This Community account is not really attached to anything...you can put whatever detail you want in the email section under your profile. Which would be the only personal info.

I don't think Moderators would (although they could) even delete Community accounts (well unless inappropriate or something) , most of them probably just go dormant.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catanddog : You don't. Same. Moderators.

Catanddog

I see this is going nowhere. How do I delete this community account?

@Catanddog wrote:

We could ignore this and it seems our credit cards are secure. But we also want to have all our information, including email, removed from Public Mobile. I don’t even want to have this account that I’m currently using, but I had to make one just to even try to get help with customer service. This is a horrible idea for customer service. Do you know how to speak with someone over the phone immediately?

@Catanddog 

Maybe the person using your email typoed their own somehow. Hopefully there is no fraud attached to this. And perhaps this user is waiting for a reply to there own inbox...here's hoping!

Sorry all online support. I know it can be a pain, like in these cases.

Contact the Moderators by methods of posts already provided and nip it in the bud.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catanddog : No one to call. Do you have phone service here? Are you sure that email account is secure? If they're in it then they could use it. What are the chances your email address has some common elements in it? Don't answer that. If it's catanddog @ gmail.com  then well that hardly seems terribly unique. Whoever might have innocently used it is probably wondering why they never got any emails from here.

@Catanddog 

Unfortunately, there is nobody to talk to.  The customer service is exclusively online via private messaging (not live chat).  

Hopefully, it is a typo or mistake.  Submit ticket as described above or easier to send private message.  Expect a few hour wait for moderator response.  Check the envelope icon on the upper right corner of website for response.  

Catanddog

We could ignore this and it seems our credit cards are secure. But we also want to have all our information, including email, removed from Public Mobile. I don’t even want to have this account that I’m currently using, but I had to make one just to even try to get help with customer service. This is a horrible idea for customer service. Do you know how to speak with someone over the phone immediately?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catanddog 

That is most unusual.   Using your e-mail is going to likely hinder them more than it'll hurt you.

They won't be able to get e-mail confirmation of anything from Public Mobile. (unless they have login access to your e-mail service - do they?  -- if they do, change your e-mail login info/password)

You could just ignore it - what could they do by using your e-mail address to register (except prevent you from doing so with that e-mail address).   Now, if they have your payment cards/info, this is a whole different story.   Make sure those are secure.

You can contact the moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catanddog :Contact Moderator Team by click white bubble bottom right or click envelope button top right.

Need Help? Let's chat.