cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to block someone on the Community?

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm curious if its at all possible? I know you can report someone but I'm interested in knowing if there's any possible method to block a user on the PM Community?

14 REPLIES 14

eduardfitingof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@allagelman 

My pleasure glad I was able to assist. Happy New Year! eduardfitingof

allagelman

@eduardfitingof 

Thank you, I'm glad you found the post. I appreciate everyone's support.🤗

eduardfitingof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech  @allagelman 

Could someone send me that link for "Biased Respondents"? I tried looking for it under allagelman's profile but could not locate it. I would be happy to look into this for alla as well. It should not be tolerated. Hopefully I can help too! 🙂

allagelman

@softech 

Its a gas lighter basically.

allagelman

@softech 

😂If click on my profile and click on my postings try to find subject titled about 'Biased Public Mobile Respondents'. Scroll to 6th page. 6-7. I won't mention the person's name lol.

@darlicious wrote:

@allagelman 

You can put a member on the "ignore" in your private messages. They can keep messaging you but you will never get their messages. I have been put on the "ignore" apparently by accident....?🤔

Ooopppps!

I wonder who is that "lucky" fellow that OP wants to block. 🤔

@darlicious wrote:

@allagelman 

You can put a member on the "ignore" in your private messages.

I guess OP is inquiring regarding ability to stop seeing posts by certain community members.

No, cannot do. Even if that ability existed it will not help you much.

Let say you Ignore user ABC123 so you do not see its postings. But if somebody quite whole or partial post from that user you will be able to see its silly (or annoying) initial post.

Better option than Ignore user would be to ignore posts with certain words so you could then add word 'ABC123' to your ignore list and Any post created by that user (since its ID will be there) and any post where somebody replied - as quoted post usually have that user's ID.

But, so far I had no reason to ignore ANY Comm member no matter how silly posts are. Just scroll fast and get over it 😆

This forum software sometimes has "invisible" buttons on user profiles - they use a transparent text colour or a text colour identical to the background colour. I've (not) seen this on "Friend" and "Unfriend" and "Ignore" buttons. I don't know whether this feature is deliberate or not on this forum.

You can't normally see these buttons but you can click them and they do work, they're hidden but not disabled. You can highlight all the text on your screen (by pressing ctrl-a or ctrl-s or by right-clicking "select all" or by click-dragging a cursor box across the window in most browsers). They're visible on my modified always-dark-UI so maybe you can also force them to always be visible by changing website font colours/etc.

allagelman

@darlicious  @darkomega  @Anonymous 

Thanks everyone. You helped me find the ignore button. I understand its not the same as blocking but at least its something similar. Should get the job done. 😅😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allagelman 

no you can't,
only ignore or delete or Report.

@allagelman 

You can put a member on the "ignore" in your private messages. They can keep messaging you but you will never get their messages. I have been put on the "ignore" apparently by accident....?🤔

darkomega

Right now the only blocking option is the ignore button and it really doesn't block, at least in this version of the forum there is no way to block any specific user, we'll see if that changes after the 7th.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allagelman : I'm not sure how well it works and have never tested it but try the Ignore button in a user profile that you can see. Hover over their username and the little window pops up. Click on View Profile. Click on Ignore.

My unsolicited opinion is that I've always thought of blocking people as childish and obnoxious. Even more so if one boasts about it like in response to somebody...to the block list with ya...or something. A lot like sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "I can't hear you!".

And then it only works when logged in.

Need Help? Let's chat.