cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible number porting problem

angelabennett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently signed up and ported my number from freedom mobile to public mobile, and the process has been a little bumpy. 

I can send and receive text messages OK, and I can make outgoing calls, but incoming calls are not working - my phone doesn't ring, it goes directly to my old freedom mobile voicemail. and I didn't receive any kind of "welcome to public mobile" text message which makes me think something went wrong with the porting. My husband has been a publicmobile  customer for a couple years, and he says he *thinks* he got a welcome text message when he signed up, but his memory isn't great with things like this.

I did also try #21# to make sure all forwarding was turned off, but the problem remains.

How can I contact someone to investigate this ?

Angela.

10 REPLIES 10

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Camille16 Mobile to Mobile ports are 5 minutes to 2 hours and the odd time it can be UpTo 24 hours max. Original Poster is Porting from Freedom to Public which makes it a Mobile to Mobile Port. So no it doesn't take a week in this case.

@Camille16 wrote:

it can take a week before the porting process is fully conpleted

@Camille16   For landlines or some VOIP numbers it could take upto a week, but for most other number transfers, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours at the most but occasionally can take upto 2 days if there was some errors during the activation either by the customer or some glitch in the system.

Camille16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it can take a week before the porting process is fully conpleted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angelabennett 

can you do a troubleshoot your device

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

@angelabennett 

Incoming calls are typically the last of mobile services to work once porting to Public Mobile.

Saying that, this should definitely be functioning by now.

Try this:

• rebooting your device
  • toggling airplane mode on/off
  • resetting your device's network connections
  • power down device, removing PM SIM card, then reinsert it, power up device

If none of the above helps, try the porting number Private Messaged to you by @softech 

You might also wish to try contacting customer support as provided by @esjliv 

@angelabennett wrote:

Thanks, I put the old freedom sim into a spare/old phone, and I received the text messages and replied as indicated. actually I received a whole bunch of text messages. 

I'll see if that works, and if not, I'll try calling the number.

@angelabennett 

Sometimes putting in the Freedom SIM card back into your phone, then putting the Public Mobile back in helps to.

Public Mobile does resend the request if after the 1st time it was not responded to.

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, you can also submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

angelabennett

Thanks, I put the old freedom sim into a spare/old phone, and I received the text messages and replied as indicated. actually I received a whole bunch of text messages. 

I'll see if that works, and if not, I'll try calling the number.

@angelabennett call the number I just sent, it should be an easy fix.  Make sure your get the text from Freedom and reply YES within 90 min.  Once replied, it should work within 2 hours.  Just keep reboot the phone with the new PM SIM

angelabennett

I did the porting request on the website yesterday - approx 16 hours ago now. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@angelabennett how long was the porting request?  sound like a stuck port.   there is a number to can call to confirm the porting status.  They can retrigger the porting text.  Your need to put your Freedom SIM back to a phone and reply YES.  I will message you that.  Check your community inbox, envelope icon on top right. 

Need Help? Let's chat.