cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem - no incoming calls

stevehale70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

I have sent you a private message about my daughters phone- the number port is incomplete, she cannot receive any calls.

Please look into this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

casperr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you very much

Anonymous
Not applicable

@casperr, they start at 9AM (Eastern time)

casperr

@Anonymous. Thank you. I definitely sent them a message before 9pm eastern time but did not get a reply. Do you know when they open in the morning?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@casperr, Mods work untill 9pm (Eastern) on weekdays.

casperr

Yeah they are all correct. Old sims don't work anymore for all those 3 Virgin numbers. They've been definitely ported. Just somehow all three, incoming calls don't work. All others work tho.

What time are the mods working till?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@casperr when porting you need to make sure the account number, and the account name are exactly as found in the old providers system.  I have ported a couple lines where the account name was spelt incorrectly.  And I had to enter the incorrect spelling into the porting name  field.

When you message the mods make sure to give them the porting info so they can re submit the port request.  Also the old sim should still work until the port completes.

casperr

This is quite embarrassing. I helped three people today to port and everything works except incoming calls. They need the phone so it was difficult to explain that it is a common port failure. Hopefully the mod gets to my pm asap

Kduggan975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just move my phone number from wind mobile well Freedom mobile to public mobile I'm receiving no incoming calls I am using my Sim

@stevehale70 wrote:

@Shazia_K

I have sent you a private message about my daughters phone- the number port is incomplete, she cannot receive any calls.

Please look into this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

for public and I'm able to make calls and use the Internet but I can't get incoming calls my incoming calls are still going to wind/Freedom I called Freedom and they told Me that there was a problem with the activation and it didn't get cancelled on there and they are missing some type of information that wasn't put in correctly when I did the sim transfer

ryanlb

@Shazia_K

Well, now my Freedom mobile sim stopped working totally, so im pretty much without a phone. Hopefully its a sign that the issue is being worked on.....I hope....

stevehale70

Hi

I know how frustrating it is, this was my third phone I ported to Publicmobile, however its totally worth the wait- my experience is the moderators always do the best they can!

Happy Canada Day everyone!

binaryjay

@Shazia_K

Started port from Freedom a couple hours ago.  No incoming calls, phone is stuck on HSPA+ (even though at one point it did switch to LTE, then I rebooted and never got LTE again - yes - APN settings are good), SMS in and out is not consistent.   When I call my own phone number, or somebody calls me, my Freedom voicemail box is what answers immediately.

For some reason the account I registered during activation just didn't get created, I later created a new account with the same email and assigned to my phone number which seemed to work.

I have no idea what's going on but I'm not having a great first impression of my decision to switch to Public Mobile right now.

ryanlb

I am having the same issue with no incoming calls, I have decided to use the other sim for now so that I can receive calls. I activated at 12:30, can you advise if this process will be completed before the long weekend?

aphilp14

@Shazia_K

I am having the same issue where I can't receive incoming calls. It has been over 24 hours now, please help. I also sent a private message yesterday.

Thanks

stevehale70
Thanks for sorting this out quickly, have an awesome Canada Day everyone!

stevehale70

@Shazia_K

I love to get this porting issue fixed before Canada Day 👏

mimmo

Hopeflly they will get to her issue soon, but at least she isnt without service. 

stevehale70

Hi @mimmo

Yes she is juggling the two phones right now 😆

mimmo

hi in the mean time have yo popped in her old sim in teh phone?  it shoudl work untilthe port is competed

Need Help? Let's chat.