cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from PM, then getting new number on PM

dans
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to port a PM DID number to a different carrier (Voip.ms), then get a new DID number from PM on the same SIM card.  Can that be done?

4 REPLIES 4

@Nezgar wrote:

Well, you could "keep it alive" and maintain any bonuses by renewing a 15/mo plan 3 times over the year, letting it sit expired a little less than 90 days after expiry each time. Would cost no more than $45 for the year. (Less depending how many bonuses are associated with the account)

@Nezgar  Not if the number has to be ported out. I suspect its a $10 account or possibly the US$60 plan.....is the reason for wanting to keep it.

Well, you could "keep it alive" and maintain any bonuses by renewing a 15/mo plan 3 times over the year, letting it sit expired a little less than 90 days after expiry each time. Would cost no more than $45 for the year. (Less depending how many bonuses are associated with the account)

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

This so breaks my heart, i wanted to take relatives account but he wants to keep number. I know he will need the same account when he's back next year Abe i wouldn't mind maintaining it for him, but he needs the number.

Too bad

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dans wrote:

I would like to port a PM DID number to a different carrier (Voip.ms), then get a new DID number from PM on the same SIM card.  Can that be done?

@dans  No, once you port out the account automatically gets deactivated so you will need to activate a new sim using a new email (or alias) and choosing a new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.