cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number doesn't work

push
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I got a new public sim card and trying to activate it. when I am entering my existing phone number to keep it, I am getting an error message saying please enter a valid Canadian phone number? I am based in Ontario and using my number for many years. 

Does anyone else faced this issue, please help.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@push 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open Browser incognito mode,

*Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy..

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@push wrote:

Hi,

I got a new public sim card and trying to activate it. when I am entering my existing

Did you leave the old SIM card in your phone to receive confirmation text (SMS) from your previous carrier that you are porting over to PM? You should receive such SMS within 90 minutes.

Once you confirmed porting (answered Yes), you can power off your phone and install the activated PM SIM.

If you skipped this step (did not reply Yes or missed 90 minutes window), you need to open a Ticket using SIMon chat button and explain your issue.

EricPellerin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The account associated with the number you want to keep still active with the other provider? For the transfer to work, the account associated with this number must be. 

If you cancelled it before starting the transfer to PM, I believe that there is unfortunately not much to do to. 😕

If this is not the case and it is still active, then I believe it would be relevant to open a ticket. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@push wrote:

Hi,

I got a new public sim card and trying to activate it. when I am entering my existing phone number to keep it, I am getting an error message saying please enter a valid Canadian phone number? I am based in Ontario and using my number for many years. 

Does anyone else faced this issue, please help.

Thank you 

Hello @push 

You could try activating through this link, maybe they can help with some answers: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Most numbers could be ported but not all  Some numbers are from city that Telus does not have  rate center there.  What is the area code and the first 3 numbers of your phone num?

Also, you can try the porting eligibility from this link, but this should show you the same result

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Need Help? Let's chat.