cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues

NicoleTorng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Three weeks ago I set up my Public Mobile and transferred my Rogers number or thought it worked. . However I didn't wait for Rogers to send me a SMS text regarding porting my account. I just put in my Public Mobile Sim and began to use it. Now I have two accounts and need to cancel Rogers one however they say that Public Mobile needs to notify them as I am not allowed. What do I do now? How do I get this sorted out as I don't need two cell accounts. 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleTorng 

If you cancel your Rogers account then your number will be returned to the carrier that you got the number from…so DON’T cancel your Rogers account or you will lose your number.

@Tobsmal  Yes will send it to you private message 

Tobsmal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. Can someone please share the number with me as well? Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleTorng I’ll send you number for live support to get fixed private message 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NicoleTorng  DO NOT cancel your Rogers account.  Let the port to complete and it will cancel itself

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.