cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting home VOIP to PM

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to save my home number so decided to port it to a new PM SIM card, I follow all the other advice from the community, activated the SIM, got a temporary number, and alert the moderator.

I sent a detailed private message to the moderators, and got a reply a day later and activated an identity link to verify my identity. There seems to be a deadline for my verification - until June 17. 

I have not heard from anyone for another day now, should I wait, or should I send another inquiry to the moderator queue. I am not sure if the same moderator needs to deal with my case or any moderator will do it?

Any advise is welcome! Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Sarlye  The request for verification is a response from a moderator. This step is required to link your account profile, where you manage your phone plan, and your community profile, where you make support requests through the forums or private messages. The verification protects you from someone else making changes to your account. A moderator will not confirm that the verification is complete.

Although I have been a Public Mobile customer for several years, I only recently ported a phone number from VOIP.ms (one of many providers). Although porting from other cell phone providers is largely automated, I perceived that there were more manual steps for support staff at VOIP.ms and Public Mobile to complete my request.

You can expect one of three responses.

1. Success. You will receive this message by text after porting is complete within about a week.
  2. Error. You may receive this message by text if the port request does not precisely match your VOIP account information. This message may prompt you to resubmit a port request form, but the error message is incorrect and confusing. You may decide to ask your VOIP provider and/or a Public Mobile moderator for the error reason.
  3. Private message from one of the moderators if there is a problem with your port.

If you decide to send another inquiry after one week, you should send it to the general queue. If you respond directly to one moderator, you risk messaging someone who is away from the office or unable to address your request.

Please remember to mark your question as solved if one of us helped, or feel free to ask for clarification.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sarlye wrote:

I want to save my home number so decided to port it to a new PM SIM card, I follow all the other advice from the community, activated the SIM, got a temporary number, and alert the moderator.

I sent a detailed private message to the moderators, and got a reply a day later and activated an identity link to verify my identity. There seems to be a deadline for my verification - until June 17. 

I have not heard from anyone for another day now, should I wait, or should I send another inquiry to the moderator queue. I am not sure if the same moderator needs to deal with my case or any moderator will do it?

Any advise is welcome! Thank you in advance!

@Sarlye  You did reply back after verifying your account right? If yes, just wait until you hear back.

@iliketotalkRealistically it will take several days and up to a week for VOIP.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

did you try to port the number yourself in your account?it will take 24 hours or more for a home phone

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SarlyeJust wait.. it can take the Moderators up to 48 hours to get back to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.