cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from WIND; No PM support...

dblin94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When activating my PM SIM card, I had made a mistake when entering info for porting my number over from WIND.  I still managed to activate and my phone can use data with the PM SIM, but no calls/texts.  No "farewell" message from WIND and their online service says I'm still with them.  

I went to my PM account to change my number and port it over correctly, but every time I enter my number or try to proceed with the process, it says that it cannot process the request and asks me to seek assistance from PM.  

I sent PM an email and they promised to get back within 48 hours.  This was 4 days ago. Posting here to see if there is anybody that can help.  Currently paying for both PM and WIND right now and I don't want this to continue for very long.  

16 REPLIES 16

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

JohnF

Just got the text informing me the porting is successful! I tried my phone after rebooting and it is working like a charm!

Thanks again!

JohnF

Thanks so much for all your help! I will let you know when everything is working ok.

Rockdaddy22
Thank you so much Shaz 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @JohnF

Sorry for the long wait, 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22

@Shazia_K if you have time do you think you could take a look at @JohnF issue.

JohnF

Forgot to mention tt was more than two weeks ago!

JohnF

@dblin94 I am happy for you.

I sent two private mesages to Shazia regarding my problem porting my number from Wind. I sitll have not got any response from her. I just checked and the messages have not even been read by her. I understand they are short staff, but at least just reply to let me know they will look into it. 

dblin94

PM got back to me just before the weekend successfully porting my number over!  I'm enjoying fast and excellent coverage and am very pleased with the result!  

Thank you mods for working so hard!  I know there must have been lots of issues like mine and I really appreciate the hard work you do.  

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @dblin94

I'm really sorry about this! Was someone able to assist you with your port? If you still need help, please send me this info via private message: 

- Wind phone number that you want to port

- Wind account number

- Public Mobile account number

Thank you!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

dblin94

Thank you! This helps - I'll send another message to them with clearer info and hopefully it'll help them process.  From what I'm hearing, a lot of people are having issues too so it's just a matter of waiting.  I've also heard that PM will reset the start date of the billing cycle once the activation is successful, so I'm perfectly content waiting on the mods.  

goreckm

I don't believe that WIND will offer refunds pro-rated, and when you activate your public mobile, the countdown clock starts, so you are paying for two services, in effect. The only bonus I see is that I'm not using any data, so I'll be able to use more once I put my PM SIM back in.

Your transfer is stuck. Here's the post to follow:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perhaps, you should just continue to use your WIND... Then when PUblic MObile finally fixes the issue get them to make it start from the time they fix the issue. It doesn't matter if the WIND billing cycle hits.. WIND will only charge you up until the point that the port occurs.. So even if the billing cycle hits again you might pay for the next month, but then you should be refunded the pro-rated amount for the time after the successful port to PUblic mobile - and if public mobile makes your new plan take effect starting at the point they resolved the issue then you wouldnt have double paid anywhere.

goreckm

Stuck in the same boat, been waiting since Thursday. As far as I understand it, they are overloaded with requests right now, but will get back to everyone. In the meantime, you can continue to use your Wind SIM (that's what I've been doing). I'm just hoping that it gets resolved before the end of the billing cycle so I don't have to pay twice.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it is understandable. everyone does not want to pay both for one service. however you still need to wait until get your turn the mod will help you 

Need Help? Let's chat.