cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Petro Canada Mobile

r1Gel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a new PM SIM today and tried to port my Petro Canada Mobile number over. The PM form asked for things like "account number" and "device number" none of which I had. I assumed the account number for my prepaid account was just my phone number so I used that. The form went through.

I thought the porting was successful since people I texted received my messages. The thing is, none of their messages get to me. I tried having my wife call my # and the Petro Canada voicemail answered. 

It seems now that the porting was unsuccessful

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Jinjangbesi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Let me update for people porting from Petrol Canada Mobility to Public Mobile.

I've just ported my number few minutes ago and within minutes my SMS is working (sending and receiving). As for incoming/outgoing calls, it's still not working yet. Guess have to wait for 1 or 2 hours. Will update the status once the in/out calls are working.

Below is how I fill in the form. Hope this help

Porting_fr_PetrolMobility.JPG

Note: This is to update my porting status. Received and SMS from Public Mobile this morning that the porting is successful. Now I'm able to make and receive calls. Thanks PM for the smooth transition.

@r1Gel wrote:

I activated a new PM SIM today and tried to port my Petro Canada Mobile number over. The PM form asked for things like "account number" and "device number" none of which I had. I assumed the account number for my prepaid account was just my phone number so I used that. The form went through.

I thought the porting was successful since people I texted received my messages. The thing is, none of their messages get to me. I tried having my wife call my # and the Petro Canada voicemail answered. 

It seems now that the porting was unsuccessful

Please help!

Being able to send text messages and even having your ported phone number show on the other indication is no indcation of porting sucess.  That happens immediately, even if the transfer ultimately ends up failing.

The process for transfer from another wireless carrier is usually complete within a few hours.

If after that time, things haven't be completed, your porting request has probably failed.

From my readings, porting from Public Mobile usually requires the customer to use the IMEI number of the device last associated with the Petro Canada Mobility service. 

To get make another numberr portability request, you would need to contact the Public Mobile moderators (instructions provided earlier in the thread).

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Outgoing call / message works right away after porting. Incoming call / message take a little time up to 2 hours.

Send a private message to MOD if it still not working after 2 hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DeePM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

This is what is needed to port number.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

p.s it make take up tyo two hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.