cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number out from Public Mobile

bigboy_98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! I tried porting my number out from Public Mobile after a number of years with you guys and when i tried, it would not let me. Freedom Mobile stated that they see that my account is inactive when the Public Mobile website states that it is clearly active. I also failed to receive any port verification texts from Public Mobile. Freedom Mobile told me the error they see on their end is "MDN not active". They have tried porting under both Public Mobile and Telus. Any help is appreciated - i am not sure on who to contact for this issue. I last tried at 11PM MST/1AM ET

8 REPLIES 8

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Let me know how difficult to leave PM. 

I am planning to leave PM. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 

Bingo....renewal.

@bigboy_98 

Maybe it was a sign.....why not test out freedom's service before you port so you don't lose your account and rewards if you change your mind. You can switch to the $15 plan if autopay hasn't kicked in yet to charge your plan amount. Just suspend via lost/stolen til renewals finish in the next 6 hours or so.....

@bigboy_98 

Unfortunately when you port out you will not get any money back from PM. 

Edit: If you are out west it is not yet 12 midnight, but the renewal date is in eastern time.

@bigboy_98 

It is 1:50 am eastern time. Your account must be active to port out to PM. Your account is going through renewal. You might want to wait until tomorrow morning to contact Freedom to reinitiate the port.

bigboy_98

Okay, thank you! So i tried that and it said that it is inactive and that i must reload my account. The funny thing is that i am able to use my services as usual, but today is the day by default that my credit card gets auto billed. So it can't really be inactive if you get what i mean. Nonetheless, i refilled it. Do you think this could be the issue and if my logic makes sense?

bigboy_98

Yes i did leave it in my sim and i am able to make out gong and texts and use data, etc

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you currently able to call in and out and text in and out and use cell data using your Public sim in a phone?

Did you leave the Public sim in a phone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bigboy_98 

Call 611 from your phone and confirm that your PM account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.