cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Koodo Phone Numbers

QuinnyHolmes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I set up myself and my wife on Public Mobile at the local Walmart today. The gentlemen working set us up with temporary phone numbers and said we should speak to a moderator on the community board with porting our numbers from Koodo. I have read not to share account numbers or phone numbers in this message so I will await further instructions. 

Many thanks, 

W & E

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hello @QuinnyHolmes 

I considered not putting this on this Community thread (and instead private messaging you) however this is the 2nd occurrence of this happening within the past several weeks (plus, i'm personally aware of another PM Community user it's happened to in recent weeks) so it's important other users are aware of this.

A Moderator just private messaged me a response they addressed to you. (clearly, human error)  It appears they were replying to a message you may have sent them seeking assistance relating to this thread as they referenced "Re: Porting Koodo Phone Numbers" in the subject line of their response. 

I would recommend if you DO NOT hear from a Moderator within a couple hours, that you re-submit your request to them as it may take them some time to figure out they Private Messaged the wrong user, even though I replied to the Moderator team & the individual Moderator to advise of same.  

Good luck!!!

[Don't worry @QuinnyHolmes , they did not divulge any of your personal information - fortunately]

@QuinnyHolmes 

As stated by @computergeek541  if you are on a post paid koodo plan log into your accounts and go to the change number function. Click on the transfer/port number. Enter the following details:

1. Full name on koodo account.
  2. Koodo account #.
  3. Koodo phone # to be ported in.
  4. Alternate # use a landline or spouses # that has already been ported successfully or yet to be ported and wait to port it until yours completes the process and then use yours for theirs.

If you share a koodo postpaid account port in the non account holders phone # first then the account holders. Porting should only take a few minutes but up to 2 hours. Anything longer and your port is stuck. Keep the koodo sim cards in your phone to recieve the port authorization text and once you respond to it the porting process will begin you may put the pm sim in and wait for your incoming calling to stop going to the koodo sim and start going to your pm sim then your port is complete and your koodo account will close. Welcome to publc mobile!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @QuinnyHolmes 

Only pre-paid Koodo accounts need to be activated with a new 'temporary' number, then your prior Koodo number ported via Moderator assistance.

If you were on Koodo post-paid, they should have been able to manage the port process within the activation.  (It's possible they were acting on old information as little as a couple of weeks ago, all Koodo services required Moderator assistance to port.)

Here's the relevant help article you should consult on the process:

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Since you activated in-store, you may also wish to set up your self-serve account if you haven't already done so:

Create a Self-Serve account (publicmobile.ca)

@QuinnyHolmes wrote:

Hi, 

I set up myself and my wife on Public Mobile at the local Walmart today. The gentlemen working set us up with temporary phone numbers and said we should speak to a moderator on the community board with porting our numbers from Koodo. I have read not to share account numbers or phone numbers in this message so I will await further instructions. 

The information that you were given isn't completely accurate. You only need to that if there is problem with a submitted request or if you currently have a prepaid Koodo account. If it's postpaid acount, you should performing the request from within your self serve acccount.

If you are porting a prepaid Koodo phone number, go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and then type "port request".

Need Help? Let's chat.