cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting From Virgin to Public

danielfynmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!
I just signed up to public mobile a couple of days ago & went through the process of porting my number from Virgin.
I currently have my old virgin sim card in one phone & public sim in another phone, this was to check when the port had finished.

Heres the issue;
My Virgin sim still seems active similtaneously to my public mobile sim - I can make calls off both phones but the phone with the Virgin sim recieves all incoming calls. 
Incoming text messages alternate between the phones, and outgoing text messaging works from both phones (however there's sometimes failed messages that are sent from the public sim phone).

Any advice? Do I need to contact Virgin?

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@danielfynmore 

Can you tell what step you did during activation of the PM SIM so we can help?

scoalegil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Keeping both phones active may have prevented the port from completing properly. When you switch you should switch. Keeping both creates duplication and causes the problems you were hoping to prevent. If you have to start over, you should follow the instructions exactly and do not do anything else like leave the old carrier's SIM active. 

I would contact Virgin to make sure the port was completed. Do not ask them to cancel the account.  

When I completed this process my texts came through Public Mobile immediately and phone calls started through the Public Mobile phone after under 30 minutes. So this should not be happening. 

Need Help? Let's chat.