cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported over from Freedom but ...

dogluver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

following the latest promo and I ported over from freedom yesterday. Today I can see the PM account of 12GB data as well. The process went smooth but I have to problems:

- I can make phone calls but not receive any.

- There is no data connection. My phone is iphone 6s on latest iOS. The apn is automatically set to isp.mb.com. I also tried manually to change to sp.mb.com with no success.

Any idea how I should update the setting?

Thanks,

18 REPLIES 18

dogluver

Happy to report back that everything works. Thanks @Mary_M !

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Well, actually your account was properly set up so I did not need to make any changes 🙂 @dogluver

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dogluver
Hi @Mary_M thanks for the help. Since the phone wasn't working, I didn't bring it with me this morning. I will power cycle it evening and report back.

Just to my curiosity: what was the issue you fixed?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dogluver,

Thank you for reaching out to us !

I understand that you've had some issues with your activation, and I'm here to help.

After looking into everything, I can confirm that your plan is active and your port is complete. Can you please power cycle your phone and test ? Everything is now functional.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dogluver
Could you please help me to get in touch with mods? I really want to have the service working today. Thanks.

The term expired nothing to do with your plan its stuck in porting and activation process mod dept is closed for today hopefully you will get a response In the morning.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

dogluver

I sent private message 3 hours ago and also tagged in this thread. No response yet; they must be busy Smiley Happy I just checked my account details, it shows "Expired". Maybe that's why I dont get any data access Woman Sad

Pick & Pay            $120 per 90 Days
 This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

If you already send a msg to mod they will reply you back with some good news. No worries
And welcome to pm
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

dogluver

Thanks @Samianauman for the info. I think there must be something that went wrong in my PM account when porting from freedom. Hopefully shazia can help out soon.

Cheers,

You usually get a text when porting is competed. But it's hit and miss best way to check send a msg to your self or keep your phone sim in back up phone once you notice got getting msg on old sim then restart your current pm plan phone and its will fix the problem.
Also just notice you tag shazia hopefully she will help you out with the process.

@dogluver wrote:

How do I know the porting process is completed? Is it true that PM doesn't offer data connection during porting?

When all PM services function, and your Freedom SIM stops, your port-in is complete. If have not yet sent a private message to the moderators do so now. They respond by private messaging not text.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dogluver

By the way, I could receive the text msg from PM. @Shazia_K could you please help me check into my account? Thanks!

dogluver

How do I know the porting process is completed? Is it true that PM doesn't offer data connection during porting?

When porting in process that's what happen you can make calls but you won't be able to receive calls if you try your old sim you will see all of your missed calls there.

Try rebooting or try your sim in other phone and for data usually on iOS if you go to setting general and reset then reset network only will fix the data issue but porting has to done first check my other post and contact mod.

dogluver

Thanks for the quick replies ... the port process started 24hours ago and my freedom account is already inaccesible.

I can make the call from the phone. But

- the phone doesn't take the call

- the phone doesn't have data connection

Sounds as though you do have a connection to PM. Check for a carrier update: Settings >> General >> About; if you get a message about carrier update please install it. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you ported a number, the process can take up to a few hours to complete. During this time, you can make calls, but incoming calls won't work yet. If it's still not working after a few hours, you should send a private message to any moderator listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include your phone number, PM SIM card number and e-mail address

Here's a link on how to set APN:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26
Sometimes it's easier to start a fresh APN than modify an existing one.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Try reboot the phone. Since you can't make calls its still under porting process contact mod to get fix manually

Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"

Need Help? Let's chat.