cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Rogers unable to receive incoming calls

Ninny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up with Public Mobile on Jan. 11/22.  During activation I selected the option to port my phone number from Rogers.  After activation I was immediately able to make outgoing calls, receive email and can communicate by text messages. However, I can't receive incoming calls.  When someone calls me, they get a message "the customer you are calling is not available, call back later".  I read on here that in order for the phone number to be ported from Rogers, my old Rogers SIM card must be in the phone in order to receive a text message from them.  However, my previous phone was lost in late December and I don't have the old SIM card.  I had to get a new phone.  I contacted Rogers and they said everything is fine on their end.  So now how do I get this phone working properly so I can receive incoming calls?

31 REPLIES 31

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ninny 

I am sending you a private message with a phone number for you to call. They will resubmit the porting request to Rogers. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can also send a private message to @CS_Agent  instead, and they can resubmit the port request to Rogers for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.