cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Rogers unable to receive incoming calls

Ninny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up with Public Mobile on Jan. 11/22.  During activation I selected the option to port my phone number from Rogers.  After activation I was immediately able to make outgoing calls, receive email and can communicate by text messages. However, I can't receive incoming calls.  When someone calls me, they get a message "the customer you are calling is not available, call back later".  I read on here that in order for the phone number to be ported from Rogers, my old Rogers SIM card must be in the phone in order to receive a text message from them.  However, my previous phone was lost in late December and I don't have the old SIM card.  I had to get a new phone.  I contacted Rogers and they said everything is fine on their end.  So now how do I get this phone working properly so I can receive incoming calls?

27 REPLIES 27

@ShawnC13 wrote:

As for others going off the rails, you don't want to know how many hours I have put in dealing with that over the last couple of days alone.

@ShawnC13 I can only imagine 😱

@Ninny 

Anytime. That's what we're here for. I am always happy to help!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope Rogers system is not waiting for a verification SMS reply from you. As there should be some way to authorize the porting out if the phone has been lost and there is no SIM to reply from. 

Contacting PM support agents is another verified request to Rogers as this is coming from a company not a person on the phone. 

Ninny

I was able to give verbal authorization to the "porting" department at Rogers!  Within minutes the issue was resolved!! 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations @Ninny !

Ninny

I contacted a CS agent. They investigated and resubmitted the porting request.  As soon as they submitted it, I called Rogers and gave "verbal" authorization for the port request.  Within less than a minute after they gave the authorization, the problem was fixed!!  Yeah!!  Thank you for your help!  Great community here!

@Ninny   surprise it is that quick .. but welcome to PM.  Enjoy

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

I'm happy to hear you were able to finally verbally authorize your port from Rogers. Did Rogers customer service give you the number to their porting department?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.