cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Away From Public Mobile, but Want Back. Receive "Account Disabled Message"

Yppiti
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey All,

So I know once you port out of Public Mobile, the service ends immediately and your account is disabled. I switched to another carrier but have decided that this carrier is not the carrier I want to do business with. I am looking to come back to PM but a few issues are stopping me:

• I obviously receive "Your account has been disabled..."
  • I try to register with a new account and enter my phone number to port but receive the message "This number is associated with a Public Mobile account already. Please sign in to access your account." (back up to bullet point number 1 we go, rinse and repeat steps one and two infinitely)
  • Yet to order a new SIM, although I know from experience this may take a while.

Is there any way to register an account with my number ported back to PM? Will I have to contact PM afterwards to manually port my number back?

Cheers.

TL;DR: Cannot port back to PM. Says that number previously was associated with an account but that account has since been disabled because I ported away from PM.

2 REPLIES 2

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Yppiti

Thank you for your interest in porting back to Public Mobile!

We can certainly port you back in. You'll need to;

1) order a new SIM card and activate it with a temporary number

2) once active, send us your new phone number and we'll make sure everything is in order

3) provide us with the phone # you wish to bring back as well as the account # associate to your current service provider.

I hope this helps 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Mary_M could you help our friend.
She'll make contact with you in this thread, hold tight. Welcome back 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.