cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out request for transferring number from public to fido

Amir6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I need to transfer my number, but because of the port out, Fido could not do that.

Could you please deactive it?

9 REPLIES 9

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Amir6 In order to Port out a number your account has to be active. If you account is active and your port out request failed you need to get in touch with the Provider you are taking the number to and tell them your port request failed and they will resubmit it. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Amir6 

Do you want to bring your phone number to fido? Or does it not matter to you? Do you want to test out fido first and decide if you like their service? Did you get a new phone ? If you don't wish to port your phone number at this time to fido then you need to allow your pm account to suspend. 

To have it suspend for non payment and you have a payment card on file ensure you have either:

1. Disabled autopay (pre-authorized payments).
  2. Replace your payment card with a $0 gift credit card or another valid card that will not accept a payment charge.
  3. Contact customer support to remove your payment card.
  4. Put a hold on your payment card before midnight eastern in day 30 of your cycle. You can remove the hold after your account suspends....anytime after noon eastern the next day.
  5. If there is no card on file ensure any available funds in tbe account balance do not exceed your plan amount. (Prepaid balances are nonrefundable.)
  6. Contact customer support via private messaging or by writing them and indicate the day you wish to cancel your services. If mailing a letter allow for at least 30 days for pm to recieve and process your request.
  7. Suspend via lost/stolen on or before 2am eastern on Day 30/Day 1 on your renewal date.
  8. Once your account is suspended after 90 days of no paid service counting from the last day of paid 30 day service your account will be canceled and deactivated.

Edit:

If you have a rewards account you may want to wait to port until you are sure you want to stay with fido. If they don't live up to your expectations  you can just reactivate your account here within 89/90 days and resume your service....or port out and permanently cancel your pm account. If you have a new phone contract you can return the phone and cancel at no penalty to you within the first 15 days,

Amir6

I need a customer service phone number to call. Could you please give me the number???

Amir6

The issue is that my PM account is still active. My new account on fido is active too. They put request, but there is an error that PM deactivated the port out request. Thet told me to contact public mobile to active it. i still have not received any SMS from PM to confirm my request

@Amir6   there is no port protection other than you will receive a text from PM and you need to reply YES within 90 mins.  Of course, you can open ticket with PM to confirm 

I suspect you missed the porting authorization text from PM

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Amir6 in Canada and the USA when you port your number out to another provider it will cancel the service Automatically with the provider you were with 

Amir6

Hello,

Thank you for the information. Fido tried to submit, but they realized that port our protection was active, and they could not. I  have already submitted the request here, and I have not received any email from PM yet. I am sure that I gave the account number of my PM.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

In order to transfer (port) PM number out you have to:

- Open account at another provider and confirm it is working as expected (SMS/calls/data)

- Keep PM account active: both accounts have to be active in order to port

- Initiate porting at new provider

- Keep PM SIM in your phone as you will receive porting authorization request from PM

- Answer Yes on received SMS from PM within 90 minutes

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amir6   transfer from PM to Fido?  you do NOT want to deactivate the account.  Account must be ACTIVE for it to port out

Ask Fido to request porting (make sure you have provided them your PM account number)

if you still have trouble with porting out your number, please open ticket with PM support using this direct link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please . This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

Need Help? Let's chat.