cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out TN and activate new TN on same SIM

mrbean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I want to port out my existing Public Mobile TN to a new Bell SIM. Then, I dont want the existing Public Mobile SIM to be deactivated, instead I want to get a new TN on it.

The reason is to keep the loyalty discounts that I have on it. Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@mrbean 

Sorry you can't do that.

But it's probably for the best.  Just take a new phone number at Bell and see if you really like the service there first.  

If you don't like Bell, you won't have lost your PM rewards or your phone number either.  But it's up to you. Just saying.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mrbean 

Sorry, you can only be one or the other carrier less you want to be on both plans at the same time.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, that cannot be done.

Once you port out your number your account is closed and SIM becomes unusable forever. If you want to have PM account, you would have to buy new SIM and create brand new account. If your PM account has a lot of old rewards, everything will be lost and you will have to start with points.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mrbean 

Sorry, this cannot be done.

Once number  is ported out, the account will be closed and the sim card will be deactivated

So, you will need a new sim card to activate a new account with a new number.  Of course, with the new account, you will be on the new rewards system. 

There is no way to keep the old account with the rewards in this case

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. Porting closes the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.