cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number to Bell

ibragg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to move my phone number to a Bell account that I've created. Bell sent text to my number asking if I give permission. I deleted it by accident. Can you please send again Public.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ibragg  - is your Public Mobile account ACTIVE? If it is not active, you will not be able to port if over to BELL.

If this is your case, change your plan to the lowest $15 (if your current one is higher), then make a payment to reactivate it.

Once it is active, Bell will be able to start the porting process over to them.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Chat bot says "If you have not received the SMS to authorize the transfer request for your phone number, you’ll need to contact a Customer Support Agent."

So, seems to me you need to open a ticket; click here; https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CSAs. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JL9
Mayor / Maire

lol that will put get them scrambling to get off their a$$ lol

@ibragg it is their responsibility to retrigger the process.  PM will only step in if you cannot receive the text, but in your case, you did receive and just that you deleted.  Threaten Bell if they don't help,you will be not move to Bell. LoL

ibragg

K. Thanks. I will try, though said that they coudn't do this and that I would have to notify Public. But you may be right.

ibragg

OK. Thanks. I will try, though said that they coudn't do this and that I would have to notify Public. But you may be right.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ibragg you meant you got a text on your PM phone and you deleted?  Call Bell and ask them to retrigger the process.  This is something the new provider will need to do

Need Help? Let's chat.