cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number away and get a new Public number

ruthb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to Port my current number to a VOIP service, but keep my current Public Mobile plan and get a new phone number associated with it. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quigley
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ruthb 

Sorry, no that's not possible. Once you port out your phone number, your account is automatically closed permanently and you forfeit all remaining rewards, minutes, data etc....

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Quigley

@ruthb 

Sorry, no that's not possible. Once you port out your phone number, your account is automatically closed permanently and you forfeit all remaining rewards, minutes, data etc....

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Once you port a number out then your PM account would be closed.

ruthb

I see there is an option to 'change number' in the self serve, couldn't I do that after porting the number away?

Quigley

@ruthb 

No the account will be closed automatically after the port. You wouldn't be able to access your account anymore.

ruthb

oh that's dissapointing as i sttill want the account just want a new number

Changing phone number option is if you port a number to PM or you activate a new PM account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ruthb 

if you need to port your old number to another company, and you need also open new account with public mobile, so why you need to port then, just open new account or second account, or you need open new account with another company...

Quigley

@ruthb 

Then get the new phone number with your new phone carrier and keep your PM account as it is. 

Problem solved!

@ruthb  sorry, this is the way it is.. once you ported, your account closed and hence you cannot keep your account for number change after