cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in old number

Broux1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone a while back so I purchased a new SIM card and got a new number. But now I realize that I really need my old number back and it is still available because it says it's out of service is it possible to get that old number back somehow

3 REPLIES 3

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

So it looks like your old PM account was closed and phone number returned to a pool of unused numbers.

You can talk to an agent and try to persuade them to fish out your old number and assign it again to you if you were PM customer before (phone number belonged to Telus family). Do not expect success but you never know until you try.

Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Broux1975 was the old number from PM originally? or if you ported thr number from another provider?

if the number was from PM (or Koodo, Telus) there is a slight chance to can get it back but you will have to check with PM support.  Please open a ticket with them.  To open a ticket:

1 .  If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2 . If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply and work with you via messaging there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Broux1975    If your old number was originally issued by Telus, Koodo or PM then you have a good chance to retrieve it as long as it's not been assigned to someone else, of course.  You'll need to submit a ticket via the chatbot bottom right of the screen and ask customer support if they can help you retrieve.  For now activate your SIM and get a temporary number.

Need Help? Let's chat.