cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Koodo not working

jpstam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

So I had initially activated a new SIM on a new number on Thursday, March 14, 2019.

Activation was easy and successful and SIM is on a new number.
Verified that everything worked properly with the account, phone calls, data, etc all working fine.

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 I ported over my number from Koodo to my account online.

Port was noted as successful.

Koodo number now shows up in the information for my plan in my online account.

Koodo SIM and number are still working.

PM SIM no longer seems to have any service and still shows the activated phone number, not the ported number.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Koodo SIM now stops working.
PM SIM still does not work and still shows old activated number on the phone, not the ported number.

Is there a known lag between porting between Koodo and PM?

Was there an issue with the port even though it showed successful online?

Thanks and regards,

James

2 REPLIES 2

bill_103
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agree. At that point contact moderator. It's a pain to contact customer service but in this case it is worth it. Also you have the option of creating a new number then having public mobile transfer your number over which I believe you have do do with Koodo numbers. Good luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jpstam wrote:

Hi,

So I had initially activated a new SIM on a new number on Thursday, March 14, 2019.

Activation was easy and successful and SIM is on a new number.
Verified that everything worked properly with the account, phone calls, data, etc all working fine.

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 I ported over my number from Koodo to my account online.

Port was noted as successful.

Koodo number now shows up in the information for my plan in my online account.

Koodo SIM and number are still working.

PM SIM no longer seems to have any service and still shows the activated phone number, not the ported number.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Koodo SIM now stops working.
PM SIM still does not work and still shows old activated number on the phone, not the ported number.

Is there a known lag between porting between Koodo and PM?

Was there an issue with the port even though it showed successful online?

Thanks and regards,

James

Send a private message to moderator for help.  Moderator wait time is about 48 hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.