cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port a number from an unlisted service provider

scottswaving
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to port a number, but my service provider is not one of the listed providers. Can I still port my number?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@scottswaving 

Adding to @softech, keep your Wightman account Active and old SIM then contact a CS_Agent for assistance in helping port your old number over if it is portable.

@scottswaving   I think you have to activate the line first and then submit a ticket for PM Support to move your line from Wightman

But before you activate your line, please check if your phone number is eligible to move into PM first.  Please check it here (it is a Koodo site, but both PM and Koodo are owned by Telus, so, the result would apply here):

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

If your number is eligible to port into here, go ahead and active a PM service with a temporary phone number first.  Once you confirm your sim card is working, can make outgoing and incoming calls, you can then open a ticket with PM support and have them to arrange a porting request for you

scottswaving

It's Wightman... I'm not sure which other provider is the managing provider for it...

scottswaving

Wightman (small local provider in southwestern Ontario). 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@scottswaving   So, which "unlisted provider" is that?  Is that a Canadian provider?

just making a wild guess, is that -11 Speakout, Petro-Canada Mobility and good2go mobile services?  If so, you can pick  "Ztar Mobile" as it is the managing provider for those services

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Which provider are you coming from? Seems some lesser providers are grouped under another lesser provider.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@scottswaving    Do you know the parent company of this provider?  If you do then select that provider as the one you are porting over from.

Otherwise ask for assistance via chatbot here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

edit:  @scottswaving   BTW, you can take a new number temporarily with PM during activation.  Also keep the old account active and the old SIM in your phone until you've responded with a YES to the porting text request wihtin 90 minutes window.

Need Help? Let's chat.