cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number from Koodo Prepaid

DLhowatson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent  I am trying to port my number from Koodo prepaid. 

11 REPLIES 11

positronmchappy

Hi, I appreciated this, & other of your posts last night. I was anxious to do a temp #, first, but wanted to test 5G right away. And, did. Evelyn did the porting right away this morning. I eventually learned I could remove the Koodo SIM, & accept PM ESIM. Thx again, Mayor! Only issues were mobile-Safari & app servers last night. And, inability to create a ticket without a SIM #, but I learned lots from the mayor/mayors here. Have great WiFi, & 5G bad in a basement, but even a Northern Alberta city, am seeing an AVG of 60Mbps outside; bad part of town, but still, best speeds I've ever had! No longer need to download Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, news, etc. P.S. Koodo Prepaid didn't send me a text; to approve porting, but once I couldn't login to their site, I knew I was good to go. 😉

@DLhowatson wrote:

Thank you, I tried the number but the virtual help just went in circles and couldn’t find my number. 😞 I’ve tried sending a PM as suggested. 

HI @DLhowatson 

remember to check Community inbox for their reply, they will tonight or tomorow morning

@DLhowatson 

Hopefully a CS_Agent will get back to you soon.

DLhowatson

Thank you, I tried the number but the virtual help just went in circles and couldn’t find my number. 😞 I’ve tried sending a PM as suggested. 

DLhowatson

Thank you, I’ve tried sending the PM.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DLhowatson For Koodo prepaid you should go contact CS Agent to help with the port.  With other providers you can self serve port, but on their transfer number in profile, they specifically say if it's a Koodo prepaid, contact CS Agent to assist with the port.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 5.24.11 PM.png

@DLhowatson 

You need to contact a CS_Agent to transfer your temporary number to your old Koodo number.

I will private message you the Porting Department to call to complete the porting.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@DLhowatson You will need to contact CS_Agent to initiate the port in request. 

Transferring a Phone Number from Koodo Prepaid

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DLhowatson if you have not activated yet, activate and pick a new number first

once activated, please submit a ticket with CS agent and ask them to help porting from there

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):
         https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DLhowatson

Created my account, activated the SIM and picked a temporary number. New SIM is in phone now.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DLhowatson 

What have you done so far in activating your PM SIM?

Did you activate it on the PM app or on the PM website?

Need Help? Let's chat.