cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Koodo number from Prepaid Account

orelowa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I was wondering how I could port my old phone number which is Koodo, from a Prepaid Account? Is this even possible? I have read many threads about people having trouble. How do I do it? I even messaged someone before I bought the plan, asking if I could port, named Gary Hazarmabeth Flores (I have attached a screenshot) and he assured me that I could. Please help.Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 1.25.37 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6

Maryjoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Porting your mobile number is so easy in public mobile .Make sure that your koodo account is active and your phone is a unlocked phone .Porting can be done by asking the moderator and it takes less than 2 hours and from koodo it is more easy to do it.I am koodo and porting was so easy now i have 3 lines in public mobile and saving lots of money.

@darlicious 

I wasn't thinking about prepaid, but PIN still not needed.

@orelowa

Please ignore both @gpixel  and @cellphoneuser1  advice apparently there's a case of the brain farts going around today. They missed the part in your post about it being a prepaid koodo account.

Do activate your sim card with a temporary number. Once all your services are up and running you can contact the moderators  via simon the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen and type in transfer number from koodo prepaid and ask for a human then follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

The reason you can't port a koodo prepaid number in yourself is it doesn't actually get ported but transferred from your koodo account to your new pm account because they both share the same back end system to administer prepaid service.

@gpixel PIN not needed

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@orelowa when you arrive at the second page of the activation process, you will be asked if you want to choose a new number or port in your old number from your previous provider. choose to port and you will need:

• account number 
  • account holder 
  • 4 digit pin from Koodo

try it out since a moderator said you could

Need Help? Let's chat.