cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor cell service in Lindsay

Str8down
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved to just outside Lindsay 3 months ago. My cell signal was fine up until 2 weeks ago. Now quite poor to calls and to send receiving texts. What the hell has happened to the system up here? Baffled. Ken S.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Str8down 

If your texts are affected as well as calls then it's likely a poor connection to the network. Try rebooting first but toggling airplane mode on/off should fix the problem If not we can give you further troubleshooting measures to try.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Str8down

Good info Marie. Thanks.

@Str8down wrote:

Thanks, tried that and just says waiting for connection. What is WCDMA? I don't have that as option.

@Str8down , it could be called 3G Only or WCDMA only or HSPA Only

The work could be about 5G upgrade.  When it is upgrading to 5G, the LTE network might be affected and using 3G only is the workaround

Str8down

I am assuming Telus is effing up my service with upgrades or the like. **bleep** them. my service was fine until 2 weeks ago.

Str8down

Thanks, tried that and just says waiting for connection. What is WCDMA? I don't have that as option.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Str8down   how's the reception in other part of Lindsay?  It could be that some maintenance or upgrade work performing in your area.  Try to change your Network Type to 3G ONLY or WCDMA ONLY and see if it improves.  If it works, leave it there for a week or two before setting it back to LTE 

Need Help? Let's chat.