cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pm to koodo

kchow91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if taboo lol. But has anyone received any offers to move from pm to koodo recently? Or has anyone ever tried calling Koodo to see if they can get a better plan. I'm on PM's 120/12gb 4g 3 month plan and there was that big ideal awhile back they cannot change it now 🤣 but I'm looking for more data now but don't really want the 3g 8gb at 50 (before discounts).. anyone attempt anything ?

16 REPLIES 16

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

$25/mth for 1gb data is unsatisfactory. 

Any chance that PM will offer more data?

Lucky, Freedom and PM all seem to have $25/mth but only 1gb data.  How is that competitive? 

Who has $25 and more data?

The new plan structure for PM is brand new. So what you see is what you get for now.

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

$25/mth for 1gb data is unsatisfactory. 

Any chance that PM will offer more data?

Lucky, Freedom and PM all seem to have $25/mth but only 1gb data.  How is that competitive? 

Who has $25 and more data?

@Luddite wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

I'd shop around, @kchow91 

For someone looking into approaching double digit monthly data limits, PM is not the place.

@HALIMACS Since PM permits early renewal surely the best test is the price/gb? PM's $50 plan with autopay is $5.88/gb.

@Luddite    Perhaps I misunderstood the OP's initial request.   I perceived it as needing more than 8GB monthly data at 3G speed, so I suggested perhaps another carrier might better suit their needs.   

@HALIMACS wrote:

For someone looking into approaching double digit monthly data limits, PM is not the place.

@HALIMACS Since PM permits early renewal surely the best test is the price/gb? PM's $50 plan with autopay is $5.88/gb.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Dunkman wrote:

@kchow91 

Fido data only plans for tablets are fairly popular.  $10 for 3-4 GB?  You can check out.  Works fine with dual sim phones.  

I see fine print: "Available to Fido postpaid customers with a Data, Talk and Text plan.".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Dunkman wrote:

@kchow91 

@kchow91 wrote:

@Dunkman Fido tablet plans require an active mobile plan

In the past, customers were able to get the tablet plan without active fido mobile plan.  Not sure about now. No personal experience though.  

Koodo seems to have lunar new year deals also.  $50 for 10 GB is not bad.  Also, on redflagdeals.com

I'm sure that you know that it's not just Koodo.  Another has $27 or $36 plans, while some main Western Canada competiton is offering much more data (almost double what Public Mobile offers for $50) at much faster speeds.

Currently, Public Mobile is only good for customers who want prepaid plans, and even in that market, the rewards (which most custoemrs probably don't have an abundance of) are really the main way that Public Mobile differentiates itself.  Customers who are willing to go the postpaid route are getting better plans (speeds, price, and data amounts), as well as device subsidies.Prepaid customers are often going to Chatr and Lucky for the call centre service.  I believe it's time for a major plan overhaul at Public Mobile. 

@kchow91 

@kchow91 wrote:

In the past, customers were able to get the tablet plan without active fido mobile plan.  Not sure about now. No personal experience though.  

Koodo seems to have lunar new year deals also.  $50 for 10 GB is not bad.  Also, on redflagdeals.com

kchow91

@Gunner 

yeah I saw that on RFD and thats what prompted me to wonder about this lol. I'm not a previous customer so I don't know if they'll give me anything.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kchow91 @Hi I Just read on mobilesyrup.com that koodo is offering a 50 dollar 14 gig wingback offer might be what your looking for 

kchow91

@kchow91 

Fido data only plans for tablets are fairly popular.  $10 for 3-4 GB?  You can check out.  Works fine with dual sim phones.  

kchow91

@Will13m Who'd you go with? Looking around data only plans are pretty pricey... might as well change phone plans at those costs

God I don't know how to use this reply in this forum lol.

kchow91

Well technically all pm plans are now 3G. With current discounts I pay about 28 a month for 4gb basically. I'd pay roughly the same after discounts for 4.5 + 500mb for 3g so I'd be losing out on full 4g to gain 1GB. Not necessarily a bad thing but why not have a "better" network right? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have the same legacy plan.  My strategy is to use a data only plan on SIM 2.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kchow91 wrote:

Not sure if taboo lol. But has anyone received any offers to move from pm to koodo recently? Or has anyone ever tried calling Koodo to see if they can get a better plan. I'm on PM's 120/12gb 4g 3 month plan and there was that big ideal awhile back they cannot change it now 🤣 but I'm looking for more data now but don't really want the 3g 8gb at 50 (before discounts).. anyone attempt anything ?

@kchow91 hi you can do better than what you have with the 30 day plans here but you can negotiate with koodo also they may give you a better deal big brother wants your business lol

Need Help? Let's chat.