cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

Rach2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my plan from $25/month to $50 because I wanted data. Then I seen you had a better plan for $5 a month more. I thought I would only have to pay the difference between plans. But I was charged 3 times. $25, then $50 then $55. This isn’t right. I should only pay the difference between plans. 

11 REPLIES 11

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Every time you change plan NOW you are going to get charged new plan cost.

PM does not offer refunds nor provide ability to pay only plan difference when upgrading.

Unfortunate is you did not ask Community what to do before you started upgrading.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Rach2 

I suggest reading through the website before clicking on things. there is a clear warning on what will happen when one changes plans immediately... 

this is a DIY service

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rach2  Sucks for sure.. but even tho it’s all online.. everything you do .. click this click that.. warnings about consequences are there in bold print..

@walker1 wrote:

@Rach2  You can contact a PM CSA agent and see if they can help you out with that. I'm sure that they will.

A CSA might do it, but I wouldn't say it's for certain. It would e ba one-time exception.  When performing an immediate plan change, there is a large warning that there won't be any refunds or credits issued for the plan being left behind.

@Rach2   Either send a private message to CS_Agent 

Or use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket 🙂

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Rach2 

You needed to choose the option change plan on next renewal. Contact an agent and see if they can add some funds to your account instead of asking for a refund.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

@Rach2 wrote:

This is not right. I will be cancelling my account and going elsewhere. 

Please realize that that with almost all carriers, this is no proration for prepaid plans. The only carrier in Canada that I know of who will do that for prepaid plans is Freedom Mobile, but even then, they round up in blocks of 10 days meaning that there will still be an overlap of time for when you would be paying for both plans.

Rach2

How do I do that? Sorry I’ve never used this forum before 

@Rach2  You can contact a PM CSA agent and see if they can help you out with that. I'm sure that they will.

Rach2

This is not right. I will be cancelling my account and going elsewhere. 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Rach2  Sorry there's no prorating here.

Send a private message to CS_Agent

Or use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket.   I'm sure that they will help you out with that special problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.