cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change from Black Friday

ambermurray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan from a Black Friday sale. The $55 with $20 off. So that means that my bill would be $35. And then I have $7 a month in credit. So my bill the would be $28 plus tax. I was just billed for $54. How does this make sense? 

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ambermurray 

When you say you were "just billed for $54", are you getting that value from Public Mobile's self-serve site, or from your payment card/credit card transactions statement?

If the PM site, could be a cached version you're seeing.

Double check on your credit card transactions.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ambermurray 

Since this promotion was originally intended for new activations the payment system charges you for the full price of the plan upon renewal. Once it sees you have paid for the plan it can generate the $20 plan discount credit to be applied to your account balance. If you look at your upcoming bill it will appear similar to this....

•   $55  - 20gb 4G plan
  • - $20  - Plan discount for 15 months
  •   $35  - Discounted plan amount
  • - $20  - Available funds
  •   $15  - Plan amount payment before rewards
  • - $7    - Rewards (estimated)
  •   $8.   - Amount owing (due) on next renewal

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ambermurray oh you have your own post here as well

try to login My Account using Incognito mode and check if you have a $20 sitting in Available Fund. It looks like PM could be charging you full amount first and deposit the $20 back as a credit in Available Fund after

@JK8 wrote:

@ambermurray 

That promo was for new activations. Did you schedule a plan change at renewal? A plan change at renewal for current customers did not work from what I have heard in this community. You may not be eligible for this promo. An agent will have to sort this out for you.

Yes, the promotion was originally supposed to be for new customers, but Public Mobile did decide that the offer would be honored for existing customers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I wonder if you'll see a $20 credit in your account. But I'm not sure how this scheduled plan change is unfolding for some.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@ambermurray 

That promo was for new activations. Did you schedule a plan change at renewal? A plan change at renewal for current customers did not work from what I have heard in this community. You may not be eligible for this promo. An agent will have to sort this out for you.

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.