cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Switched Without My Permission

JohnE23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Shame on me for not noticing this earlier. Three months ago my plan changed from the $35 3G 3Gb with 2Gb Bonus plan to the $45 for 20 GB at 4G Speed with points plan. I did not authorize this. This phone is very lightly used so I don't need a big plan. What bothers me more is losing the bill deductions for autopay, loyalty, etc. The points are useless and I NEVER opted into them. How can I get PM to change my account back to what it was? Thank you everyone for your input and help!

8 REPLIES 8

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Im a bit skeptical because what you describe is two separate mistakes, not one. Upgrading the plan i could understand as they sent out a text asking you to upgrade, although i thought they only did that for the $40/15GB plan, not the $45/20GB plan though.

Migrating from the old rewards to the new points is a separate transaction that your have to initiate online. It doesn't just happen when you change plans.

The text came from 5169. You would have needed to reply yes to it. There was also the more is merrier freebies from 4911 where you would have needed to reply yes2 to.

As for ending up in points...that is supposed to only be done by you (or someone with access to your account) and not automatic. Changing plans around inadvertently...ok. But points...yikes. No way is that acceptable. I have not heard of anybody getting back to rewards though. That will be a tough nut to crack.

Does anybody else have access to your account?

JohnE23

Well, that's unhelpful and smarmy. In checking my texts there was no offer made to respond to. Perhaps in the future you would consider sharing useful advice instead of sarcasm. Just a thought.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's unfortunate that your phone is doing these things without you knowing.  After sorting out the plan issue with a Public Mobile CS agent, I would consider shopping for a new device.  

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You have to sign up to points it is not automatic 

I would check with a customer service rep if you can have your credits reapplied 

if you did switch to points there is no going back

@JohnE23 

You're welcome!

If by "going back to bill credits" you mean switching from the Public Points system back to the old reward system, regrettably there is no way to switch back to them.

It's a one-way street and users can only move TO public points, not back to the old rewards program. 

Whatever you do, don't OPT OUT of the Public Points now that you're in it as once you do that, you can't be in any reward program at all with your existing account.

😔

JohnE23

Hi Halimacs!  

Thank you for the quick response. I am sure I didn't, but a mistake could always happen. I thought about changing the plan back, but is there the option to go back to bill credits? I don't want these points. Thank you again for your help.

J

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JohnE23 

Are you the ONLY user of this device?

PM had a text campaign over the past while where they offered to move customers to a higher plan, by simply responding "YES" to a text.

Did you (possibly) do this, or someone else who may have had access to the device?

If so, you can switch back by logging into selfserve and choosing the desired plan under your Plans and Add-On's section.

Need Help? Let's chat.