cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired - Kicked out of Grandfather Plan. Phone Service Deactivated

aiyasayla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I was on a grandfather plan for $10.  I have setup autopay with this plan and had no issues for years. Then recently my plan  was expired and my phone is deactivated on Apr. 28.  The cause of this was a sudden increase on my monthly rate of $10 to $13 without my knowledge. Because of this my autopay amount does not have sufficient credit to pay for the unanticipated rate increase ($3 increase).  I did not agree to the new rate and it is as thought PM just kicked me out of my old plan without warning. Why is my grandfather no longer valid? I am now left with no phone service. Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Read the terms the service.....public mobile wrote them. They overwhelmingly favour the provider so they should be pretty easy to follow one would think....?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious wrote:

@aiyasayla 

This is an unreasonable and unjust rate hike. You have options. I would send a private message teliing public mobile you are disputing the rate hike and will seek a resolution thru the CCTS and as such by renewing your plan after they charged you the $10 plan amount and then suspended your service that renewing at the higher amount is not an admission of you agreeing to the new terms service of service as they are under dispute. A prepaid provider cannot deny you service when a disputed amount must be paid in order to recieve services. After you send them ghe message renew your plan for the next 30 days while you prepare your complaint.

I believe that changes in pricing are beyond the purview of CCTS.  A dispute can be file about not be notified of the price change, but a dispute that is only about the rate change will likely be closed.  When something is outlined in the terms of service, which price changes are, CCTS will simply echo back the terms of the service to the customer that are provided in response by the carrier.

Why hasn't PM done the right thing yet, it seems less and less likely that they will now 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@aiyasayla 

This is an unreasonable and unjust rate hike. You have options. I would send a private message teliing public mobile you are disputing the rate hike and will seek a resolution thru the CCTS and as such by renewing your plan after they charged you the $10 plan amount and then suspended your service that renewing at the higher amount is not an admission of you agreeing to the new terms service of service as they are under dispute. A prepaid provider cannot deny you service when a disputed amount must be paid in order to recieve services. After you send them ghe message renew your plan for the next 30 days while you prepare your complaint.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aiyasayla 

If you don't feel you were adequately notified, you can also take your case to the CCTS

You might also want to ask Public Mobile to switch you to the $15 plan and place a $60 credit on your available funds (to cover 12 months of the difference between the $10 plan and the current in-market $15 plan).   This should be sufficient recovery for recognition of the situation.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @aiyasayla   Not sure if PM missed sending you the text and email or if you missed.  You might have received a text from PM like what is shown in this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-Grandfathered-10-Plan-is-No-More/m-p/...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aiyasayla   Yes the $10 plan has had a price hike of 30% ($3) effective since April, 28th.  You just need to top up your account with $3 and Reactivate the account.

If you didn't receive prior notice of this price increase (many haven't) then submit a complaint ticket to customer support via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket then send a private message to CS_Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.