cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture texts won't send - have tried all but factory reset

CrazyBean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Newer to Public Mobile (prev. with Koodo). On the $15 plan. Limited data (250) but should have unlimited picture texts.  Regular texting works but as soon as I attach a pic. outgoing it spins a while and tell me to "Retry". Incoming pictures will also not download. 

On an LG X-Power phone. (I've been reading that LG's are fussier in this regard than other phones.)

I've been trying suggestions made on other posts and have:

- turned data on

- confirmed APN settings

- reset network settings

- removed and reinstalled SIM

- powered off and restarted phone

I really do NOT want to do a factory reset.  I read this on another post: 

"After several mods, finally found ONE PM mod who sent me configuration files via text. After I loaded them, all was well (I did not even have to power off my phone). Not sure why that worked when manual entries did not (and yes I checked the settings were correct). So, if you have trouble, ask a mod to send you the configuration files instead. This might fix thing and avoid a factory reset."

Can anyone comment on it?  Any other suggestions?   I'm not super tech-savvy but getting picture texts to work should be easier than this.  Please don't tell me I have to do a factory reset!!  Thanks to all in advance. 

18 REPLIES 18

CrazyBean

The APNs don't appear to be working.

CrazyBean

Thank you for the suggestion but it didn't work.  And if I try to leave that field blank, it autofills with "default,mms,supl" as soon as I save.  

CrazyBean

Thank you.  Even if I try to leave the APN Type field blank and save it as blank, "default,mms,supl" automatically fills in as soon as I hit save.  Tried other variations as suggested, rebooting in between.  None work.  Have submitted a ticket for mod assistance.  Hoping they can send config. files to keep me from having to factory reset.

@CrazyBean wrote:

CrazyBean_0-1586977432417.png

I have tried several different APNs as suggested in other posts.  This is current based on a PM link to apn-canada.  Only difference is that others have suggested APN type should read: default,mms,supl so that line is not blank as shown above. 

Thanks so much for trying to help. 

@CrazyBean , you do need to put default,mms,supl in the APN type field.  Also select it as the active APN.  Reboot phone.  

@CrazyBean Some phones (Umidigi I think) require ",DUN" to be added to APN Type for tethering to function.

Are you saying those APN Settings are working for you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CrazyBean  try putting default,mms in the APN type field, no spaces. Save restart and try sending an mms message. Thanks.

CrazyBean

CrazyBean_0-1586977432417.png

I have tried several different APNs as suggested in other posts.  This is current based on a PM link to apn-canada.  Only difference is that others have suggested APN type should read: default,mms,supl so that line is not blank as shown above. 

Thanks so much for trying to help.

@CrazyBean Sadly, your initial post has identified the only solutions I have seen for LG phones when network reset fails.

Neither, what that configuration file is, nor how it is applied, has been shared in this forum yet.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CrazyBean  the LG line sometimes require a factory reset. Before you do it, please post you APN settings, so that we can look at them. Thanks. 

CrazyBean

Data does not appear to be working either.  Did several network resets as suggested in another thread. Still not working.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CrazyBean 

Is you data work?

If not, do a network reset.after changing provider before your LG phone data working again.

Network reset is not factory reset and does not delete the data on your phone.  It just reset the communication related settings.

CrazyBean

Thanks for checking in.  No, I still can't send pic. texts.  Just wanted to see if anyone in the community could comment on the "configuration files" idea before I went to the mods.

CrazyBean

Just turned wifi off and, no, cannot get a connection with data enabled.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CrazyBean Hi if I read you right what you’re saying is everything is working now? If so it must’ve been something at the mods said worked I am glad stay safe

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrazyBean 

From what I've gathered here, LG's are notorious for needing a full factory reset.

Can you browse the internet?

@CrazyBean  if you did all that, then your only option is the factory reset. Backup your phone and do it. Stay safe 

CrazyBean

Data is on.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@CrazyBean hi you need data enabled to send mms it does not use your data alotment it just needs to be on

Need Help? Let's chat.