cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture repeat (upwards of 5 times to receiver)

ccj_nsnbon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I regularly experience and issue when sending pictures by text message whereby the receiver will receive each image multiple times. On my side I see the message status is stuck as "Sending" for a very long time and then it sends the picture multiple times over a 10-15 minute period. Assuming related to the size of the image however this doesn't always happen with comparable images so wondering what is causing the issue. Happens frequently enough that it drives me to email photos rather than text anymore.

7 REPLIES 7

manishpatel25

In change your MMS setting, sometime it cant send when you select MMS with wifi. so turn off than feather so you can send any picture without wifi. may be it might help you

ccj_nsnbon

I have rebooted the phone. I don't have another phone. I believe it has only been to one person. I'll try cache clearing and will try recreating contact and restarting conversation as well. And then will try different messaging app. Thanks for the suggestions!

ccj_nsnbon

Thanks - only selecting to send once, so perhaps result of service interruption.  I will try to reset network settings and clear messaging cache. Thanks again!

ccj_nsnbon

Android

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ccj_nsnbon 

I trust you already rebooted your phone?

do you have another phone and you can test with your PM SIM on that phone to see if you experience the same?

Also, was it always an issue to just ONE person?  or everyone you send got multiple copies?

If just one or two, start with deleting the old text and contact.  Recreate a new contact and restart another conversation .

Another thing to try is to clear the App cache or even Clear Data for the Texting app

Last, try a different app.  Try Google Message or so and see if it helps

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ccj_nsnbon  - are you selecting to send it more than once? Or, this could be a result of service interruption.

Users of all types of phones do at times receive duplicate messages. It is typically the result of a safeguard carriers implement when they think there may have been a service disruption. Sometimes duplicate messages can also be produced by the destination carrier when the recipient is roaming.

Try rebooting your phone and perform a reset of your network settings on the device. See if that improves the issue.
If you can clear you messaging app's cache, do that too.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Android or iphone? 

If iPhone

then try turning iMessage off, reboot the phone and turn iMessage back on.

Also, check Repeat Alerts is 'Never' and check message send and receive settings are good.

Need Help? Let's chat.