cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will not turn on

Cathy63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community, even though my LG phone was charged, the screen is black and I cannot turn on phone.  There is a small flashing light top left hand corner on phone.  Is the battery dead?

Tku Cathy63

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy63 

If you have tried everything above and nothing has worked then you may have to do a hard reset.

From Tom's guide:

Actually, to reset the device it has to be powered off first. I am including the instructions on how to do it below. However, if the device won't turn on, or it turns on but nothing comes on the display, then this won't work. In these cases, it is likely hardware and not software the is the problem. Then you would either need to contact the manufacturer (if it is under warranty) or take it to a local tech.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy63 wrote:

Hello community, even though my LG phone was charged, the screen is black and I cannot turn on phone.  There is a small flashing light top left hand corner on phone.  Is the battery dead?

Tku Cathy63

@Cathy63  - are you still without power - hope not!

But if so, try to charge your phone for at least 30 minutes. 

Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.

On your screen, tap Restart , or press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, until your phone restarts.

Other troubleshooting found here:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7662405?hl=en

Is this a phone you purchased through Public Mobile? If you are not happy with it, and well, you don't get it turned back on, then inquire about a return with Public Mobile Representatives (CSA).

Methods to contact CSA here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

More info. about warranty, repairs and returns here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Plug in your phone. Charging light should be on. Then try to turn it on. You might need to hold power button a little bit longer.

Let us know how it goes.

I guess battery is not removable?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cathy63  Model of your LG? And what color light is flashing? Red, White Blue ,etc?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cathy63   did you try to connect the charging cable and power it on.  If cable is connected and still unable to turn on , it is likely NOT a battery issur but OS issue.

is this a new phone you just got? or an older one?  What model is the phone?  give us more info and maybe we can try to help

Need Help? Let's chat.