cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone suddenly not registered on network

SharonC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Made a phone call yesterday, and phone says I have a voicemail (from today). Unfortunately, everytime I go to check the voicemail I get the message

Not registered on network

As per other suggestions,

• restarted

• I have tried an OS update (already up to date).

• Removed SIM and put it back in

• I am the sole owner of the phone (purchased brand new)

• It is not blacklisted

Samsung Galaxy 5

8 REPLIES 8

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check there is no network outage in your area.

See if any other PM devices works or your SIM works in other phones.

Make sure your plan has been renewed correctly if you have problems in calling and data. 

SharonC

Update: there is a known internet outage in my region (interac at the convenience store is down), assuming they are using the same wire, this may be a case of a regional outage.

SharonC

Network settings have not changed, though after waiting a bit, the connection icon did change to bars, and a test message sent earlier managed to sneak through.

This sounds like flakey network? (as you indicated)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@SharonC wrote:

No text or phone calls either.

The connection icon in the status bar shows the crossed out circle: 🚫 (indicating no network at all)

After trying that, I would also suggest going into your Self Serve account and then go to the change SIM card option. From there, shceck if the partial SIM card number shown there matches the SIM card that you're using.

@SharonC 

In addition to checking what @computergeek541 posted above, check to make sure your IMEI has not been blacklisted here:  https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@SharonC wrote:

The connection icon in the status bar shows the crossed out circle: 🚫 (indicating no network at all)

As I was saying before, this means that the network is refusing the connection. I was only asking because I was wonder if the issue only suddenly appears when you try to check your voicemail.  

You probably haven't changed any settings without knowing it, but I would into  yoru settings menu and reselect the automatic network selection option.  Also, for your network typed, ensure that a setting such as "2g only" or "GSM only" isnt selected.  This option should be set to an option similar to "LTE/3g/2g/Auto" or" WCDMA only"

After trying that, I would also suggest going into your Self Serve account and then go to the change SIM card option. From there, shceck if the partial SIM card number shown there matches the SIM card that you're using.

SharonC

@SharonC wrote:

Made a phone call yesterday, and phone says I have a voicemail (from today). Unfortunately, everytime I go to check the voicemail I get the message

Not registered on network

As per other suggestions,

• restarted

• I have tried an OS update (already up to date).

• Removed SIM and put it back in

• I am the sole owner of the phone (purchased brand new)

• It is not blacklisted

Samsung Galaxy 5

Does this only happen when you are checking your voicemail or when you try to make any phone call? The message about not being registered to the network is an indication that the network is refunsing the connection. This can happen because the wrong network has been selected, if there is no active service on the SIM card, or it coulld be a temporary network issue.    Also, are any of your data and text messaging services working? I

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SharonC Have you tried the SIM in another phone if available? Otherwise, you may have to buy another SIM card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.