cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service interrupted again

JasonOikle67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughters phone got shut off early again for the second time we have it setup for the payment to come out on the 20th but nope its not working why did this happen again can anyone help me out? Want to hook myself and wife up but if this keeps happening i wont do it!!

9 REPLIES 9

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you say 'Again' when was the first time it was shut off services and what was wrong the first time.

If your account is autopay enabled then check 'my account' is in top right on this page to check the status of your account. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JasonOikle67 wrote:

My daughters phone got shut off early again for the second time we have it setup for the payment to come out on the 20th but nope its not working why did this happen again can anyone help me out? Want to hook myself and wife up but if this keeps happening i wont do it!!

@JasonOikle67  have you registered for a Self Serve account for your daughter's account?

IF not, register for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Then can you log into the Self Serve account and show see what is says in the top, left corner, see below.

What does the Payment Due Before date say? And is status Active?

You can also call 611 from the device to find out this information too.

esjliv_0-1642551559359.png

If the status is Active and the Payment Due Before date is January 20th, than your daughter should not be losing services.

Can you try these things to see if services resume?

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

If still no services can you try the SIM card into another phone to see if it works?

If still issues with your Status showing Active, maybe CSA can reset something in the backend of the account?

Contact CSA methods here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@JasonOikle67 wrote:

Autopay is enabled to come out after the 20th

Unfortunately it is Not. It might be for one month but since PM renewal is every 30 days you cannot specify exact date for every month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JasonOikle67 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account status!

@JasonOikle67    If you've enabled autopay then perhaps there was a failure (can occasionally happen).  Just log into the account and make a manual payment (Payment tab) of the amount due.

Make sure to clear any cache/cookies first and use incognito/privacy mode before logging in.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JasonOikle67 

Autopay bills on the renewal date not after as pm is prepaid service. If you dont pay before or on the renewal date then pm will suspend the service until you prepay for the next 30 day cycle.

JasonOikle67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Autopay is enabled to come out after the 20th

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JasonOikle67 

Public mobile service is on a 30 day cycle not monthly. So your renewal if started on September 20th, then October 20th, November 19th, December 19th, January 18th, February 17th and then March 19th because February has only 28 days and so on....autopay will fail if you have insufficient funds in your credit/debit account. Perhaps switching to a credit card for autopay or manually topping up the account when pm texts the payment reminder will help you avoid an autopay failure.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JasonOikle67    PM billing cycle is every 30 days so the date changes each cycle and there's no way for you set a particular date for billing each month.

You just need to enable autopay if you've added a payment card to the account, then the payment is billed automatically on the due date plus you get $2/30 day discount and bonus data.

Need Help? Let's chat.