cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not eligible for port

Cbellepower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to transfer my phone over number to public but it's saying that it is ineligible to port

9 REPLIES 9

Sbrown33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That does not make sense. My husband and son's phones are with public mobile and were ported from koodo a few months ago but now my 709 number can't be ported.  Koodo says is not on the local routing network. I was in public mobile a few years back with this number.  

@Pawprints1986 this is related with something called Rate Center. 

Basically a number belongs to a city.   To move a line from Carrier A to Carrier B, Carrier B must have an "operation" in that city where the number "located" at.    These days, the Big 3 have rate centres ALMOST everywhere, but still not all. Some carriers still not have a rate center in some smaller cities.   If Carrier B does not have a rate centres, people really cannot move a number into Carrier B at all, no workarounds.  People need to find which other carriers have rate center there and those are their only choices to port 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This sounds rather odd, just as a concept in this day and age. Would make sense in a land line only world if you were trying to move provinces you'd *need* a new number with a local area code to avoid long distance... But in today's age numbers can operate anywhere, who cares if there's no physical store nearby, there's still online access 🤔

@Cbellepower 

the porting check result was correct 

you number 709-538-xxxx is a number in St  Alban's, only Bell , Iristel and Alian have rate center there.  I,e, you can only port the number within thise companies (Bell/Virgin/Lucky, Iristel and Aliant).    You cannot port your number to companies without a rate center in that city where the number belongs, some technical limitations 

Cbellepower

It's shows no porting. Area code is 709 and first 3 digits are 538, it's a virgin mobile phone number

Cbellepower

I've had to do this in the past when setting up for another family member, it's been a while since I've done anything with public mobile. It's not as easy to navigate this with all the new updates haha.

@HALIMACS have OP to confirm if number can be ported first.  There are cases people activated and find out in the end numbers cannot be ported and upset

@Cbellepower  if the Koodo check link still show NO porting, let us know the area code and the first 3 digits after and we will try to find out why 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cbellepower while most numbers can be port around, not all. 

check the eligibility again here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That sometimes happens.

Try letting the system choose a number, and then after activation, you can make a request to the public mobile support agents to transfer the number.

EDIT:  go ahead and try the number search tool below provided by @softech 

Need Help? Let's chat.