cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number got Stolen ?

a3a45471
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received  a call said  my PM phone number was used in India for scam.

• Checked my usage records and everything normal. Should I  change my number to avoid  any trouble ?
  • My old phone number belong to a Indian lady
3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@a3a45471 

You might get more than the average nuisance calls for awhile. If you are not beholden to the number and only had it a short while you can consider changing it.  Maybe when you're bored you can peruse the available numbers and see if you come across a cool one you might like....you can change your number up to 4 times per 30 days if you really want. Just make sure you have a rock solid 2FA back up for anything that has your current number listed so you can safely update them with your new number.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@a3a45471   Very likely you can ignore that.  It is likely a Caller ID Spoofing trick

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm

Very commonly use trick by scammer, but nothing to worry about.

Just like letter mail, someone can put your address on the return address and send to another person , you cannot do anything but there is no harm to you at all.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@a3a45471  - sounds like someone spoofed your phone number.

I would not be too concerned. Spammers can do this to make is seem like they are calling from local numbers.

I think your number was chosen for one, or more.

Nice, that someone called you to tell you about it, I guess. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.