cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

carlynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not use my phone as all I get when I dial a # is a lot of beeping and different noises.   I have an iphone.   I can not figure out how to get a hold of anyone at public mobile.   I am logged in to my account but I still can not send a private message or a ticket.   It asks for a 4 number pin which I never set up at all. 

I may have to cancel my service if I can not find out how to get in touch with these people.  I can not understand why all business these days make it so hard to get any service and figure out how to contact people.

I could use some help here or will have to cancel my account and call someone else for service on my cell.

9 REPLIES 9

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow that’s a lot of problems. It looks like you set up an account in 2019?

The website is very helpful for getting information and the community will provide great direction if enough details are provided. Using the search feature can be handy to see multiple options / answers.  
Public Mobile is great for most people but not all. Hopefully you stick around to enjoy the value.💲

Did you get this sorted out?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@carlynn 

First of all - we know, it can be very frustrating.  We are all customers here just like you.

You received lots of great advice above, if any of these items below may help, give them a shot as well:

No Service - No Calling Troubleshooting

Try this step-by-step troubleshooting:

1. Toggle airplane mode off.
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars.
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is "Active".
  4. Make sure the device is not locked to a different carrier.
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages.  https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages
  6. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
  7. Set network mode to Auto.
  8. Reset network settings.
  9. Update device software to latest version.
  10. Perform a manual network selection.
  11. Check https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/  to make sure for some reason that your device has not become blacklisted - this is a possibility if you are not 100% certain as to the origin of the device and it was not purchased brand new in a box.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@carlynn 

Who activated your SIM? Your security PIN was something you created when activating your SIM.

If you had your SIM activated by a retailer, they should have given that to you.

Since you can login to account, you can change your PIN in your Profile section.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@carlynn wrote:

I can not use my phone as all I get when I dial a # is a lot of beeping and different noises.   I have an iphone.   I can not figure out how to get a hold of anyone at public mobile.   I am logged in to my account but I still can not send a private message or a ticket.   It asks for a 4 number pin which I never set up at all. 

I may have to cancel my service if I can not find out how to get in touch with these people.  I can not understand why all business these days make it so hard to get any service and figure out how to contact people.

I could use some help here or will have to cancel my account and call someone else for service on my cell.

You can click upper right corner envelope in the community to sent private message or 

chat with Simon for help,  if Simon can’t help, he would let you submit a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@carlynn 

You can get a hold of a CS_Agent on this Community page not on your account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you cannot create a ticket, contact agent directly. It might take longer time for them to respond but they shoudl.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

Did you try your SIM in another phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

What trouble shooting have you tried @carlynn ?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) see if it improves

Have you had any updates on your phone lately? If not, check for any.

Try and perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before. Something may reset after performing this.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carlynn  All of PM support is online, so refer to @softech link to open a ticket with CS Agent.  Afraid you can't call into support like other carriers as this is one of Telus' budget offerings so this is how they handle support.  If you don't know your PIN, you can reset it in your account.  Log into your account, go to profile, click on PIN and enter your new PIN and confirm PIN.  If you don't do this, CSA will ask you for other info to validate your account like name, last 4 digits of your card for payment, address, etc.

What happens when you call the cell number from another phone?  Does it ring and can you answer?  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@carlynn  you sure it is not a device issue?

first try to put your PM sim card into another phone and test.  Borrow one for a friend, it worths the effort to confirm that

To open ticket, you can message them here instead of using Chatbot since you have some trouble using it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.