cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working, unable to purchase US roaming plan

fredfor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm disappointed (again) with Public mobile.

I am currently in the USA, and trying to purchase a US roaming add-on from Public Mobile's self-service webpage.

When I log on and go to the webpage to purchase the US roaming add-on ( https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-plan/ ), none of the US roaming add-ons appear for purchase.

This is getting pathetic - I'm trying to make a simple purchase, it shouldn't be that difficult for public mobile to take my money.

I've sent in a ticket to the cs agent, lets see how long it takes Public mobile to fix their website.

7 REPLIES 7

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah it definitely does, on mos to ages it seems as I have had to do it for the community, the rewards page and looks like for the self serve too, oh well 

fredfor

Hi softtech, I have checked all of the webpages, the US roaming add-on does not show in my account in the selfservice website.  The cs agent was unable to fix the fact that it doesn't appear. Despite that, US roaming is now  working on my phone.

The way companies normally work is you sell something to your customer, take their money, add it to their account, and deliver the service. The fact that a service can be delivered to a customer without showing up on their account is odd, you would think those things would be in sync.

@fredfor wrote:

The cs agent replied quickly, added US roaming to my account, and my phone is working.

However, the US roaming add-on still does not appear in my selfservice account, despite logging out, rebooting, yadda, yadda. yadda.

@fredfor   did you check the Plan details page?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

Roaming talk and roaming text will appear in the Plan details page only (not the Overview page-My Data&Add-on box)

Also, to use the roaming, change the Network selection from Automatic to Manual selection and try either T-Mobile or AT&T.

If still not see the roaming in Plan details, reply the CS agent message again

fredfor

The cs agent replied quickly, added US roaming to my account, and my phone is working.

However, the US roaming add-on still does not appear in my selfservice account, despite logging out, rebooting, yadda, yadda. yadda.

Public mobile has been around for many years now, a normal company's website should be able to do something simple like sell service to a customer and take their money without their support staff getting involved.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fredfor   Use a different browser or Incognito mode.  

Yes, it is definitely have to do with the coding behind the page, PM page has more browser cache related issue and we need to use this trick more than it should

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@fredfor hi it seems to be working fine here, do as mentioned above and then 1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fredfor 

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Use secret/incognito mode.
  4. Firefox, chrome, safari or Microsoft edge work best.
Need Help? Let's chat.