cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working after account suspended

Sunundha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have an auto-topup payment set up and it had been working well until now. My account got suspended (i still couldn’t find the reason why) and i was asked to pay to reactivate the account. So i went ahead and paid, and now my account is active. However, on my phone, it said “SIM not allowed”. It is still the same phone i’ve been using. 

Any help is accpreciated. Thank you.

Sunny

9 REPLIES 9

@Sunundha   haha.. just reply yes, they are the same.. 

and then push CS Agent to escalate for senior staff to review your ticket

Sunundha

They want me to check if the operating system of my newer phone is the same as my very old phone since the sim works on the older phone hahaha. Tried to get them to understand that the issue happened when my autopay didn’t go through, but no luck. But will try them after supper!

109D0A4C-BF4C-4422-A1BB-6D1412F20317.png

Sunundha

F7A85A17-AA16-42A4-A151-DD2AFCC6B6ED.png

I was in contact with the agent earlier, but it wasn’t helpful hahaha. I will try them again later. It is very frustrating, but what can i do 🙂 I think my problem is the same problem that a few people have today after plan renewal

@Sunundha wrote:

The phone was bought from Samsung Canada website about 6 months ago. The funny thing is this happened right after my account was suspended from autopay failure. So i should contact Public mobile as it is my carrier?

Sure, ask themn if it was blocked by them, but they wouldn't be able to remove it if they were the ones to do it.  I'm very curious though about you buying this from Samsung Canada.  Samsung Canada doesn't usually sell dual SIM card devices.  You do have proof of purcahse buy from the Samsung Canada website, so I would also suggest contacting them to see if they can replace the device under warranty.

Sunundha

The phone was bought from Samsung Canada website about 6 months ago. The funny thing is this happened right after my account was suspended from autopay failure. So i should contact Public mobile as it is my carrier?

@Sunundha wrote:

The sim worked on another phone. I checked if my phone is clean using the link, and IMEI2 is clean, but IMEI1 has been reported lost or stolen 😳, but the phone was purchased legally tho. What do i do next?

Only the carrier who blocked the IMEI can assist with this. It's possible that a carier blocked the wrong IMEI by someone by mistake, but even buying a brand new device does not ensure that it wasn't lost or stolen at one point.  How long ago did you buy it and where did you buy it from?

Sunundha

The sim worked on another phone. I checked if my phone is clean using the link, and IMEI2 is clean, but IMEI1 has been reported lost or stolen 😳, but the phone was purchased legally tho. What do i do next?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes autopay fails. You did the right thing and I assume your account is now Active, correct?

Try to reboot your phone. Or if you have another phone put your SIM into another phone, boot it up, see if it works there, shut down and put SIM back into your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sunundha   If possible, try to put your sim card in another phone and test it.  

If you don't have another phone, at least reseat the sim card.  Power off, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power on

also, just for peace of mind, please check if your phone is clean here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.