cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone got activated yesterday but can't receive calls (ported from Bell)

RonLinder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't receive calls, I can only send calls. My phone was activated yesterday, phone number was ported from Bell.

I've already tried the following:

1. Restart phone
  2. Removed SIM and placed back
  3. Placed the SIM in another phone
  4. Placed my phone in Airplane mode and back

Nothing fixed the issue.

7 REPLIES 7

johnwang17627
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Can you please also send me number to talk to live support?

@RonLinder  happy that it work

enjoy 

RonLinder

I called the number and everything got resolved thanks everyone!

@RonLinder 

If you replied with YES…there will be a 90 minute delay to switch your number over to PM.

Next is to power your Phone Off (Not Restart your phone) by holding down the power button and swap the SIM.

It should work right away.

RonLinder

Yes there was a text message yesterday which i replied Yes to.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the old SIM card in your phone to receive confirmation text (SMS) from your previous carrier that you are porting over to PM? You should receive such SMS within 90 minutes.

Once you confirmed porting (answered Yes), you can power off your phone and install the activated PM SIM.

If you skipped this step (did not reply Yes or missed 90 minutes window), you need to contact agent or open a Ticket using SIMon chat button and explain your issue.

If you ported from a landline/VOIP it could take up to 7 days to complete.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RonLinder 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider, Bell in your case,  and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.