cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone goes straight to voicemail.

Sheila756
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to Public Mobile with a Galaxy A52. Everything seemed to go smoothly, except that incoming phone calls tend to go straight to voicemail. I have been through all the possible problems: do not disturb, call blocking, turning phone on and off, reinserting the sim card, trying the sim in another phone and returning it to mine, etc. etc. etc. I have seen other posts on this problem and have tried all of the suggestions. Any further ideas? Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Sheila756

Thank you, everyone. This is what support said to do, and it appears to have worked: general management, reset, reset network settings. Deceptively simple. Hope the fix holds!

@Sheila756 wrote:

Thanks, everyone. Still haven't found a solution! Still hoping!

@Sheila756   do you ever receive a single incoming calls?  If you didn't receive a single incoming call, then it could be problem with the porting.  

if you have received some but not all, where are you located (city and province) and what kind of phone are you using (brand and model)?   

One thing to test is to change your phone Preferred network to 3G Only and see if it get incoming calls that way

And, have you open ticket with PM Support yet?  While we are helping you to test further, maybe open ticket with PM support as well:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

NormanWalsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You could try Lte Discovery.

Sheila756

Thanks, everyone. Still haven't found a solution! Still hoping!

mattvey

@NormanWalsh 

Thanks for the idea but, this was never an issue on Telus.  Also, we are talking about 4 phones of other pm customers that i know of.  It is not location specific or decide specific.  It is 100% a network issue.  I think the 3G vs LTE issue is the issue.

@NormanWalsh wrote:

Go to Google play store search for Network Cell Info Lite. Open app check your dBm level if it's says 110 to 130 you won't get phone calls and will need a cell phone antenna booster to increase dBm levels. Hope information helped.

White this app provides a nice graph, the infromation about the signal reading is available in the regular menus of the phone. I used to use Network Signal Info, but I found that it would do strange things such as use background data for absolutely no reason, would often freeze, and even play videos out loud without warning upon exit.

NormanWalsh

Go to Google play store search for Network Cell Info Lite. Open app check your dBm level if it's says 110 to 130 you won't get phone calls and will need a cell phone antenna booster to increase dBm levels. Hope information helped.

mattvey

@NormanWalsh .  It has been an issue for me and at least 3 friends for months.  Tech support has tried many things with no resolution.

Incoming calls go to vm, no missed call.  Outgoing calls fail to connect.  Calls randomly drop.  We all have different phones ad live in different places.  Read that last part at least twice.  The solutons pointiing out devices and home tower are frustrating.

mattvey

Hi 

Did you get this resolved.

I know 4 people who have had this issue for a long time.  Been months for me.  Incoming calls go to vm, no missed call.  Outgoing calls fail to connect.  Calls randomly drop.  We all have different phones ad live in different places.  Read that last part at least twice.  The solutons pointiing out devices and home tower are frustrating.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Sheila756 

did you tried your SIM in other device.

those device Galaxy has dual-SIM the issue network antenna.

but tried to insert the SIM on 1 or 2.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sheila756 

Did you pick a new number or did your port your old number over to PM?

Could we get more detail?

If you ported over, you need to reply to the text with the old SIM in your phone confirming you are porting over. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I concur. I also have this.

NormanWalsh

Huge outage across Canada? Everyone is having this issue in Canada

I hear hardware troubles causing issues.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Sheila756 hi did you try to manully set your your ntwork to 3g if you tried all those things 

you need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Need Help? Let's chat.