cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone delivery time and tracking number

Meowington
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi everyone,

Anyone know the process after order the CPO phone online from PM phone section? I got the email of ordered confirmed, and PM already charge on my credit card. Here are the question i have:4

1. Will i get a second email when my CPO phone is shipped? which include deliver date and tacking number?

2. How long should i be alarm to contact the PM CSR for the phone not arrival.

3. I have be notify Canada post will shipped to me, will in be in the mail box, or just drop off at the front door? any way i can find out?

Thanks Guys,

Meowington

19 REPLIES 19

Meowington

i think you better contact CSA to get the tracking number, hopefully they will give it to you.

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy from what I understand, they will send you tracking number for phone orders 

@softech , I’ve read several posts where they didn’t send tracking number so I’m concerned! I live in an apartment building in town & things are always getting stolen. It’s very simple to send a tracking # and I find its very irresponsible and poor business not to. I can’t read minds or predict the future unfortunately! That’s all just my opinion though!

@LitlLdy wrote:

This is exactly what I’m stressing over! My package will get stolen if they leave it & not deliver it to me! To deliver my package all that’s needed is to ring my doorbell, I open my door, take package, say thank you & done! It’s really that simple & easy! When I placed my phone order it showed Canada Post as delivery method for the phone! I’m hoping they will send me the tracking # so I will know when to watch for it.

Public Mobile might or might not provide you with the tracking number.  Unfortunately, this is very inconsistent.

@LitlLdy from what I understand, they will send you tracking number for phone orders 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

This is exactly what I’m stressing over! My package will get stolen if they leave it & not deliver it to me! To deliver my package all that’s needed is to ring my doorbell, I open my door, take package, say thank you & done! It’s really that simple & easy! When I placed my phone order it showed Canada Post as delivery method for the phone! I’m hoping they will send me the tracking # so I will know when to watch for it.

HI @Meowington  reply their message back and push for a tracking number.  Phone order for sure have tracking

Meowington

I contacted CSA and request for the status and tracking info, CSA told me the phone should arrive this few day, and if the phone still not arrive on coming thursday, i should ask them for tracking info again.  I thought the tracking info must be create when the order had been issue for nay order, and provide t the customer, I hope the phone come soon and i am able to pick up the phone without porch pirate take it first.

Meowington

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Meowington    I ordered my phone the same day as you, this past Wednesday November 16 and it arrived yesterday Friday November 18 at 4:30 EST.

It was just left at the front door by the regular UPS driver and no signature was required.

After ordering, all I got was a confirmation email right away, telling me that it'll be delivered in 5 to 10 business days.  There wasn't any tracking number, just the order number and copy of order.

@hTideGnow   No signature and the package was simply left at the front door like most deliveries these days it seems. 

I remember Costco did the same with a big screen tv order about 3 or 4 years ago.  That was the first time I was really surprised (and shocked) that no signature was required for leaving parcels on the doorstep anymore.

Yes it does seems PM is no longer sending out emails confirming or being able to track the order. 

@farmbot wrote:

Public mobile store never sends follow up email with tracking # with my last purchase November 2022.

Ask CSA thru Simon with order#.

They provided me with Canada Post tracking.

Allow a few days to ship before requesting tracking.

When I made an order, it came in less than 2 business days, so waiting a few days to request tracking would have resulted in the package already have being delivered and left outside. Public Mobile should be providing this information, but don't always do it.  For SIM card orders, I realize that sometimes these are sent without tracking, but once again, a shipment notfication e-mail message is only sent out some of the time.  I'll get the e-mail message for one order but not another one.  There are other times that a shipment notification e-mail message is sent to the customer, but no tracking number is provided in the message, but if you click on the button for the order details, you get directed to the Public Mobile online store website and a tracking number is sometimes on that page.

Hi @dabr .. but was it a package required your signature?

I think ordering process should be more consistent.   So far, look like everyone's experience are different 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meowington   My experience with ordering a CPO from PM (last year) was I received 3 emails, first one confirming (thank you) the order, second one to say the order had been shipped with a View Your Order link which tracked the delivery details and then the third one notifying me that the order had been delivered.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Delivered thru Canada Post in Alberta I signed for package.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public mobile store never sends follow up email with tracking # with my last purchase November 2022.

Ask CSA thru Simon with order#.

They provided me with Canada Post tracking.

Allow a few days to ship before requesting tracking.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Meowington 

this is the post about package got stolen.  So, once you got the shipped notice,  check your door often

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Phone-Order-Got-Stolen/m-p/905532

Public Mobile often uses United Parcel Service for phone shipments. Unfortunately, my expreriences are that Public Mobile often does not inform the customer of shipment. They also do not request the carrier for a sgnature.  This means packages are often left out in the open for anyone to see (and possibly take).  Many years ago, it was common practice for shippig companies to try to hide the package or place it between doors. I find that this is almost never done now.  I've read about a few complaints about packages being returned because no delivery attempt notice was left and customers not knowing a phone needed to picked up at a UPS access point location.  A shipment should never show up unexpected, especially when it willl be left on the front steps. @J_PM , the lack of communication for online orders needs to be corrected.

Meowington

will do, when i received the phone 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Meowington , I don't think there's tracking.  @computergeek541 , maybe you can share your purchase experience.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Meowington shipping really depends.  Usually with 2 weeks.  

I believe Canada post  will just drop off the package, so be careful.  Someone posted here yesterday about porch pirate

if you want further update from PM, message  them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.