cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls wont work

KarlyKeating88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why cant I call out or receive calls? When I call out it says its unavailable its long distance to call 611. When people call me it goes right to voicemail 

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@KarlyKeating88 If you just activated and ported as @Jb456 asks, it takes up to  from 3 hrs to 2 weeks to complete. Where are you porting from? 

@gblackma as @computergeek541 already noted to @Jb456, porting has absolutely zero to do with outbound calls, so this is not the cause of OP's inability to dial out, FYI.  Also, your timeframes are off.  If you're porting from another mobile provider [the most common scenario], the timeframe is "a matter of seconds to about 3 hours"; porting from a VoIP provider or landline can take longer, up to about a week or so for each.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@computergeek541  The ph# still needs to be edited out of this thread. Thx

And the name as well.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@KarlyKeating88 wrote:

Why cant I call out or receive calls? When I call out it says its unavailable its long distance to call 611. When people call me it goes right to voicemail 

@KarlyKeating88  More than likely your account hasn't been provisioned properly. Are you connecting to the Public Mobile Network? Does your old sim card still work?

Best to submit a ticket and ask them to reset your account. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Salonist7 wrote:

****please fix this asap as i just tried to call the pharmacy and renew my prescriptions and it now says talk is not included in your plan
ed turon

@Salonist7  Check the number and make sure you are calling the correct number.

@Jb456 wrote:

Did you just recently port your number over?

Based on the infromation presented so far, there very well could be a porting issue, and we wouldn't know for sure. However, a port in process or porting failed would not be causing the outgoing calls to also fail.  Therefore, there something something else account-wise that would need to be fixed before looking at any possilbe porting aspect.  

@KarlyKeating88When you say that incoming calls goes straight to voicemail, did you ever set your Public Mobile voicemail box up? Or is this the voicemail account that you used at a previous carrier?  Either way, there might be an account provisioning issue that needs to be looked at first.

@hycm53  that is the person's phone number...please edit your post by clicking the 3 dots on top right to edit his number from your quote as well as your post. The forums are public and visible for everyone to see.

@Salonist7 wrote:

please fix this asap as i just tried to call the pharmacy and renew my prescriptions and it now says talk is not included in your plan
ed turon

Try dial 1-xxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by comptuergeek541: removed phone number as it appears to be the customer's phone number as it was deleted from the previous message as well

@Salonist7 the moderators are what passes as customer service for PM. Contact them directly by private message here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Which plan are you on? If it's the $15 plan. Log into your self service /my account and see If you have  minutes. If you don't, purchase the $5 for 500 minutes add on. It's  a 2 step process first add the funds, then buy the add on. You could also download the TextNow app and bia WiFi make your call for free.

@Salonist7 wrote:

please fix this asap as i just tried to call the pharmacy and renew my prescriptions and it now says talk is not included in your plan

@Salonist7  You must be on the $15 plan. You must have used all your minutes. Log into your account and check to see if your calling feature is still there. If not add $5 to your balance and purchase the $5/500 min add on. It will stay on your account to supplement your plan til you use all 500 minutes. Reboot your phone after adding it and check your incoming and outgoing caĺls.

@Salonist7 

First please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete your personal information (phone number)..as it's visible for the public to see.

..... What plan are you on? 

Salonist7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

********please fix this asap as i just tried to call the pharmacy and renew my prescriptions and it now says talk is not included in your plan
ed turon

@KarlyKeating88  Try turning airplane mode on for 10 minutes. Then turn in it off.

@KarlyKeating88 If you just activated and ported as @Jb456 asks, it takes up to  from 3 hrs to 2 weeks to complete. Where are you porting from? And what type of account was it? And when did you initiate it? 

If you didn't port, your sim may not have provisioned correctly. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

Glenn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I noticed you just registered as member today.  the set up takes time but you can

restart phone and try again…..most likely not completed.  If not then moderator contact

Contact @Moderator_Team

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you just recently port your number over?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What plan are you on?

$15 for 100 outgoing minutes possibly?

Maybe you used up all the minutes. If you're on that one. Log into your account and scroll down to my data and add-ons. Check if minutes are  there   .like..86 of 100.. if nothing is there it means you used up all your minutes.

EDIT: Likely not this issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.