cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call text working BUT DATA NOT WORKING

Ali23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was with Koodo, and changed to public mobile. 

I put public mobile SIM card, and changed the proper apn settings but my data is still not working. 

I also liked reset network and still did not work. 

Also on access point names I tried edit tethered mobile internet but it won't let me edit this access point. 

If you can let me know if anyone had this issue to help me solve to if I need to call Telus or because I was Koodo and still havent cancelled with them 

Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ali23 - i gotta ask, is your Data setting on in the settings of your device? Simple overlook, but it happens.

If incoming/outgoing calling and texting is working, then continue to restart the phone or toggle into/out of airplane mode. These may help trigger the network.

Sometimes removing the SIM card from the phone, then moving it to another phone (restart the phone), see what services work..then move the SIM card back to your own phone (restart it)...sometimes this resets your account in the backend.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ali23   other than the  Tethered mobile internet APN , there should be another one.  Is there such?

If not, can you create a new one ?

Try to either update or create a new one, follow this:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms

or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

(might need to include dun for hotspot)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled

or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ali23  it’s could be a provisioning issues with your SIM card in that case you will need supports help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ali23 

So you completed a port here and your new number is working for calling and texting?

What type of phone are you using?   Can you try the newly activated SIM card in another (known to be working) device to troubleshoot whether device or account/SIM issue?

Also, try manually switching network to 3G to see if any data functionality exists.

If you find after these items you've already tried that you require customer support, here's how to reach them:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.