cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone SOS mode and blacklisted

dmoran73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have my iphone xr on SOS mode. No one can help with the issue. Went to TELUS store as suggested by PM for a repair. Telus told me they have not heard of PM and cannot do the repair. Once I showed the email, they looked into the system and that is where I found out my phone is blacklisted. I checked the National Data Base and have a screen shot which says my phone is not on the list. TELUS will not fix the phone. 

My warranty expires in 6 days ( of course) and I would like a resolution before then. Telus will not fix the phone even though I have proof I have paid for it, and it is not on the list. 

Phone service was suspended for once month... reported lost/stolen, but I have been told that it doesn't matter and it shouldn't be on the "list".

Any help of advice would be great!

38 REPLIES 38

Hi @dmoran73 i would message them again and ask them to confirm which store to go.  But I think should go to MobileKlinic instead

dmoran73

Yes, It was purchased from PM. I have proof of purchase. I was directed by agent to go to Telus store for repair!!

dmoran73

Yes, I was very surprised that I was told that. I will try another location.

@dust2dust wrote:

Did you buy it from here? And you checked devicecheck.ca and it doesn't show there? Can you insert a different company sim (not Telus or Koodo) in the phone and see what happens? Why wouldn't the support person tell you the same thing when they just shunted you off to a store.

Yes it's very confusing as a consumer to have these retailers around that are just retailers and not corporate stores for when you need real help.

When it comes to CPO device warranty with Telus, I think that there's such thing as providing too much information.   I'm not sure which carier blocked the IMEI of the device, it mgiht be better to not mention blacklisting because the custoemr could then be sent on a chase to get the IMEI unlocked.  All the warranty centre/location needs to know is that the phone doesn't work.  Tests will be run and it will be determine that the phone fails at network connectivity. Telus will have to correct that or replace the device.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you buy it from here? And you checked devicecheck.ca and it doesn't show there? Can you insert a different company sim (not Telus or Koodo) in the phone and see what happens? Why wouldn't the support person tell you the same thing when they just shunted you off to a store.

Yes it's very confusing as a consumer to have these retailers around that are just retailers and not corporate stores for when you need real help.

Yeah that was my first thought as well. How could they not have heard of PM sounds like a typical lazy paid by the hour phone dude. I would call around to some other store or try their customer service line and explain the situation

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dmoran73 did you get the phone from PM CPO site?  you don't have to go to store, open ticket with them first.  For CPO issue, you have to message CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dmoran73 wrote:

Have my iphone xr on SOS mode. No one can help with the issue. Went to TELUS store as suggested by PM for a repair. Telus told me they have not heard of PM and cannot do the repair. Once I showed the email, they looked into the system and that is where I found out my phone is blacklisted. I checked the National Data Base and have a screen shot which says my phone is not on the list. TELUS will not fix the phone. 

My warranty expires in 6 days ( of course) and I would like a resolution before then. Telus will not fix the phone even though I have proof I have paid for it, and it is not on the list. 

Phone service was suspended for once month... reported lost/stolen, but I have been told that it doesn't matter and it shouldn't be on the "list".

Any help of advice would be great!

The fact that someone at a Telus store told you that they haven't heard of Public Mobile is concerning.  I know that no one can possibly be aware of every single piece of infromation, but Telus owns Public Mobile.  My own suggestion would be try a different location, possibly one that is corporately run by Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.