cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Order Got Stolen

lm4789
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a phone from PM and it was sent through UPS with a complimentary SIM. When tracking my package on UPS today it says it was delivered to the front desk of my apartment and signed by a name I do not recognize and is not that of any of the staff of my building. I asked my landlord, front desk, checked mailbox and neighbors area. The package is not there. I think it was stolen. I tried to file a claim through UPS and it said that it cannot be done for this type of package and to contact the sender. What do I do?

9 REPLIES 9

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@lm4789 

Going back to start. Do you have a screen print of your original order? Better if PayPal was used. 

Proof that the address you gave is correct and PM transposed properly or third party transposed properly. Then if UPS GPS can prove truck was at your address. 

And like said, so many carriers just leave the parcels in plain view. I see them every day on my walks.  

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

If your name is on the package and signature is not you..is UPS problem. Perhaps PM CSA can nullify the SIM and blacklist the phone by IMEI number which I would imagine they know what they shipped. 

I do not believe that Public Mobile keeps track of the SIM card number that was sent out.  They should be keeping track of the IMEI of the device, and I do suspect that Public Mobile will do as you said by blocking the device from being used.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If your name is on the package and signature is not you..is UPS problem. Perhaps PM CSA can nullify the SIM and blacklist the phone by IMEI number which I would imagine they know what they shipped. 

@Yummy wrote:

It is UPS problem, not PM. UPS should ask for ID to confirm it you really you.

PM sent you a phone, it was delivered and as lawyers like to say you allegedly did not receive it.

Contact your bank regarding purchase insurance.

Delivery companies do not ask for to see identfication for most packages. There are few rare exceptions for some packages that require the exact person to whom it is addressed to receive the parcel (shipping companies charge extra for this).  A shipping company is otherwise tasked to delivering to an address (or anyone at that address) and not a specific person.  It's possible that UPS brought the package to the wrong unit or wrong building.  Insruance claims and package traces do generally need to be inititated by the shipper.  Public Mobile would have to get UPS to check the GPS co-ordinates of the delivery scan.

I can also say from experience that Public Mobile does not insist using the signature option for phone shipments sent by UPS and that many packages get left unattended out in plain view (they don't even try to hide it much of time).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It is UPS problem, not PM. UPS should ask for ID to confirm it you really you.

PM sent you a phone, it was delivered and as lawyers like to say you allegedly did not receive it.

Contact your bank regarding purchase insurance.

dejavu89
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, best thing in my opinion is to reach out to your credit card support to see if this is covered. Chances are it will be covered in some form of insurance. 

hi @lm4789  open a ticket with PM CS agent and they can open ticket with UPS, but it will certainly take long time to get it resolved 

And check if your credit card has insurance 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Not much PM can do...they did their part.

Your best to file a claim for stolen item, at UPS or whomever delivered the item.

If you paid with a credit card...check the credit card detail as some offer this type of protection as well.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lm4789 

Yes you did the correct thing in filing a claim with UPS.

You should also let CS_Agent know what happened to cover all bases.

Need Help? Let's chat.