cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Cut off when returned from out of country.

Christinepro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend was in Mexico for 8 months. When she returned, she found out that her phone was cut off nothing was changed on her credit card. She really needs her phone number, as she has business cards with that number. Please help. 

14 REPLIES 14

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If she was away for 8 months then she can't be THAT stuck to the phone number for business purposes. So the number will have been deactivated in the April timeframe. That's now a few months past. As mentioned, she'll have to take up her concern with Rogers, the owner of the number.

Yes of course this is the fault of Public for a crappy autopay system. Any business incapable of a reliable payment system is a troubled business. How can it be error-prone to take money? But here we are. A flaky payment system. It works perfectly fine year in year out for many customers. Until.

Christinepro

How do I get ahold of someone to get her number back, as it was cut off without her permission. Her autopay was still in place. 

Christinepro

will do. Thanks!

Christinepro

Actually, the last time they took money out was December. 

Hi @Christinepro

have your friend to confirm if the account got cut off.  Call 1-855-4Public then enter her phone number.   If the system cannot lovlcate the number,  then sadly, the account was closed

Christinepro

Nothing was changed with the card. She was autopay all along. Thanks

@Christinepro 519-381 -xxxx is a Rogers number.   She probably ported the number in PM.  PM would not be able to assign you the number back.  You have to check with Rigers/Fido/Chatr

Christinepro

She accepted auto pay. I think there is something wrong with the system, because they are not taking my daughter’s auto pay too. 

Christinepro

Christinepro

She used her old number. Apparently PM stopped taking the money off the card in October for some reason. She did not ask them to stop. The number is 519 area code

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Christinepro   If credit card wasn't changed, it could be Autopay failed in any of those months. 

Please ask her to check the credit card and see from which month PM stopped charging (Maybe  it was from the  April 1st glitch).  If it is just a bit over 90 days and Telus owns the number, maybe they can reassign it back to your friend. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If she did not have autopay set, then after 90 days of no payments service and accounts are deleted.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Christinepro   Yes, if an account was suspended from non payment for 90 days, the account would have been closed and the number would have returned to the original carrier.  Did she get this number new from PM? or did she ported it in from another provider?

What is the area code and the first 3 digits?  i can look up for you to see if it is a number that belongs to PM/Telus.  If it is, you can try to ask PM to assign you back after you activate a new line.  If it is from another provider, you can only get the number back from that particular provider

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Christinepro if she didn't make a payment in 8 months after 90 days suspension her account is permanently closed 

Need Help? Let's chat.